Before I Get Too Mean and Take it Out on You- Bucky Barnes

(Y/N)'s POV:

Let me tell you about myself before I continue with this god-awful story. I was born in 1924 in Brooklyn, New York. I grew up with my best friend turned boyfriend, Steve Rogers. I wouldn't say I hate his best friend, Bucky, but I don't particularly enjoy his company. 

One day, Steve told me that he was going to enlist in the army and win the war. I always had faith in him but this was just completely crazy. I stayed home for a few months but then I decided that I wanted to join the army as well. Granted, I am a woman so that was going to be a more tedious task. 

Some man named Baron Strucker asked me if I wanted to become something far greater than any soldier in the army. I agreed and then I sort of blacked out after that. I have bits and pieces of memories from the past 70 years but after I finally came to, Steve was big! And he was saving me. 

He took me home with him and he introduced me to his new friends. Who over time became my friends. Natasha Romanoff, Tony Stark, Dr. Bruce Banner, Thor Odinson, Nick Fury, Clint Barton, and Maria Hill. 

We fought crime together and saved the world multiple times. We fought aliens and robots, even wizards. 

Steve and I were doing so well together. He was and is my soulmate. 

That is until we were up against something bigger than the two of us. 

The Winter Soldier. 

I had heard of him before when I was in the ice with Hydra. But I hadn't ever seen his face. That only just happened when Steve and I were fighting him and his mask was removed. 

"Now I have something else to hate Bucky for," I said as we sat in the back of the truck. We were being taken into custody by Sheild who was actually Hydra. Nat was shot and Steve was pretty shaken up. I was just ready to shoot Bucky Barnes in the face. Sam seemed pretty okay with the whole thing given that he had no idea what was going on.

Maria revealed herself and saved us by taking us to an underground bunker where she and Nick Fury had been hiding with some doctor. 

"I can't believe he's alive, I saw him die!" Steve cried to me as we stood on a bridge and watched the sun go down. "I know and I am so sorry you had to go through that but Bucky is dead. That is the Winter Soldier. We have to kill him before he kills anyone else," I said as Steve nodded, and then we went to work.

Things didn't exactly go to plan. We saved Bucky, but he then ran away to Romania. Then when we went to go find him, we met some more trouble on the way. 

Had to deal with Sokovia and this chick Wanda and her speedy brother. Then, after he died we brought in Wanda as an agent. She fell for this murder bot that Stark created with Banner and was brought to life by Thor. 

I wish I could say I was kidding about that.

Then, Steve, Nat, Wanda, Sam, and I all found Bucky along with our King of Wakanda, T'Challa. T'Challa wanted to kill Bucky because he thought that Bucky killed his father. What we didn't know then was that it was really Baron Zemo. 

If only I knew that, maybe Steve and I would still be together today. 

"Welcome! Your new Captain America!" The tv roared as I sat on the couch and cried. The next morning I went to Sam Wilson's place of business and I was going to yell at just him but turns out someone else had their own plan.

"What are you doing here, Barnes?" I asked as Bucky and I stormed into the building together. "I can ask you the same question." "I'm here to yell at Sam for being an idiot," I said as I walked slightly faster than the man standing next to me. 

"How could you give that shield to him?" Bucky asked as I nodded and put my hands on my hips. "It wasn't mine to keep," Sam said as I shook my head. "No! Steve gave that to you. He wanted you to be the new Cap," I said as Sam smiled. 

"It's sweet of you guys to come all this way to tell me that but it wasn't Steve's to give away either," He said as he started to walk away. "Where are you going?" I asked as Bucky and I followed Sam. 

"Uh-uh! You know what you two aren't gonna do is come at me with your overextended lives and tell me what I can and can't do. Besides, I have bigger things to deal with," Sam said as Bucky and I just rolled our eyes at each other. 

"What could be bigger than this?" I asked as Sam showed us a picture off of his phone. 

"Fine, you two go enjoy fighting whatever the hell is going on now and I am going to go back home. I can't watch this world fall apart all because you two decided to fight something called the flag smashers," I said as Bucky and Sam walked away and onto a jet. 

I went back home and I didn't see them again for a few months. I saw on the tv that Baron Zemo escaped from Prison. That was when I knew that they were in trouble. I still didn't call or check up on them but that one is on me. 

I then saw the most amazing thing ever. As soon as I saw it, I clutched at the necklace that hung around my neck. I then started to cry happy tears. Sam Wilson was wearing the Captain America suit. Damn did he look good. 

I still never went to see them. I had hopes that they would come and see me but they never did. 

I was sitting in bed and was catching up on some more pop culture when I heard a knock at my door. I got up to answer it and there was Bucky Barnes standing outside my door with his special puppy dog look.

"That look only ever worked on Steve. What do you want?" I asked as Bucky nodded and then asked to come in. "Sure, but if you track dirt in, I will have to kill you," I said as he kicked off his shoes.

"Do you want something to drink?" I asked as he shook his head. "No, I had a question for you," He said softly as I turned around and saw that he looked visibly nauseous. "What is it, James?" I asked in my worried tone since he was scaring me.

When I leaned towards him, he saw my necklace. "Are those Steve's?" He asked as he pulled out the necklace from inside my shirt and then he noticed that they weren't only Steve's dog tags but also his. 

"How do you-" "Steve sent me them when you fell

"How do you-" "Steve sent me them when you fell. I have kept them ever since and I never take them off since they are now my good luck charm," I said as he didn't say anything. 

He grabbed my face and pulled me into a very heated and much-needed kiss. 

"I have been wanting to do that since 1934," He said breathlessly. "Bucky, I was 10. You were 17!" I said out of disgust. "Okay, so maybe it was closer to 1944 but either way I have been waiting for you to stop hating me so that maybe you would see how much I cared for you," He said as I smiled.

"I never hated you. I think deep down I truly cared for you I just thought that I was going to be with Steve forever so I ignored all my feelings for you," I said as I tried to move away from him. "Maybe this is wrong. I feel like I am cheating on Steve," I said as Bucky got up and walked over to me. 

"He already left. What're a few more kisses gonna do?" He asked as I smiled and felt chills down my spine as he touched me some more. 

We went to my bed and had sex all night but then in the morning, I realized that I felt as happy as I was in 1944 when Bucky and I first kissed. 

Steve almost found out but thankfully he was more focused on joining the army that he didn't even see my lipstick all over Sargent James Barnes' lips.