H U N D R E D A N D N I N E

C H A P T E R H U N D R E D A N D N I N E

"Why do you think I am here?" Ki Young asked, tilting his head a little. He wore casual clothing, a robe in the color of grey, yet the material was finer than the ones he usually wore. Half of his hair was tied while the remaining part hung loosely down his back.

His question remained unanswered. Her eyes told him that she had no clue of his sudden appearance and he fully understands that. He just wished she wouldn't look this disappointed. As if she didn't want him to be here.

"Let's talk somewhere else," Eating away their distance Ki Young approached Hayoon, unknowingly, it made her take a step back.

Was she afraid of him? If not, why would she maintain their distance?

"What if I don't want to go with you?" The tone was harsher than she intended to.

"Is it that hard for you to go with me?"

"Don't you know where this place is?!" Anger raised her voice a pitch higher.

"There's no way I wouldn't," He said, his voice held a sudden sadness. As if he felt little for knowing that this place belonged to Han.

Even if Hayoon bring it up, Ki Young was already comparing himself with Han. Every word she said, every thought she included the person called Han. The prince didn't keep any of his promises to her, yet she couldn't forget him. The prince didn't ask for her love, but she would always have a special place for him.

Han didn't even put his efforts into pursuing her. Han didn't spend as much together with Hayoon but Ki Young had. Han would never be able to share the memories and time she had with Ki Young, and yet, Han meant something so deep for Hayoon. Was that even fair?

"If you already know, then leave. Don't make me call the guards," Hayoon said, hoping that he would choose the first option she offered. She just wished he would stop risking his life to anger Han. For whatever reason, Ki Young was still sound and good, despite attempting to assassinate the royal prince. But that will become a temporarily case if Han knew he was doing this again. Han didn't even need a reason to kill Ki Young if he found him trespassing this place.

"Are you threatening?" Ki Young asked, his lips curled up in a sad smile.

"I'm asking you to leave,"

Ki Young felt wronged by her cold actions. Hayoon didn't even give him a chance to explain. She didn't ask what has become of him since they last met. She wasn't the least interested in him. His existence has become a shadow in her mind after the prince appeared in their life.

"It won't turn any good if Han realize you are here,"

Her words didn't work. Not the slightest. Of all people, Hayoon managed to mention the name Ki Young didn't want to hear the most. His stomach twisted and he felt a wave of sudden anger take form. Adrenalin channeled through his vein causing his finger to ball into a fist.

He was there for her when she was going a hard time, when she cried and grieved. He would do anything to make her happy, and yet all these were overshadowed by a person that haven't spent half of the time with her. How was that fair?

"Just call the guards," He said in a tone that dared to her.

"See if they can stop me," He moved forward, closing his distance with her.

"Don't force me," She said in a low tone.

"You won't call the guards Hayoon. If you wanted you had already done that." At the end of his sentence, Ki Young grabbed her hand, making her froze.