S E V E N T Y T H R E E

C H A P T E R S E V E N T Y T H R E E

Hayoon read the mocking message in his eyes. You brought this upon you. Where do you think the prideful arrogance will bring you? All this was written in his face, and she felt the belittlement pouring from those eyes.

True, it was stupid of her to let her guard down. She was foolish enough to fall for his words. Naive and pathetic, that was exactly what she was. She trusted him too easily, but only because it was him. Not someone else.

But in his eyes, it appeared as if Hayoon was a naive girl, who would believe in words from any man. One that would fell for petty tricks and sweet lies without considering its validity. Hayoon felt wronged and insulted. She wasn't that kind of brainless woman, she wasn't that weak and useless, but in his eyes that was apparently what she looked like. She wasn't one to easily trust anyone, but his eyes said so.

No.

Hayoon hated it even more that it was him out of all people that would think like that. She wouldn't accept this. Precisely, she couldn't. She wasn't a girl who would be easily swayed by sweet lies and fall for promises and she was going to tell him that. He out of all people were ought to know!

Although the tears were threatening to fall, although her voice might appear shaky and nervous, she didn't let that stop her.

"I'm not one to blindly put my trust in others as his highness think-" Her voice cracked, betraying all her efforts but she didn't stop.

"as stupid... as...it might sound, I trusted it because it was your words," sobs came between her muffled words, but she was sure that Han had gotten her message sound and clear.

"Trust me? Do you even know who I am?"

"Yes," Hayoon replied, regaining the confidence in her voice.

"You are the royal prince,"

"And?"

"And a figure of this empire," she again replied.

"So?"

"As one who once saved me I took your words worthy,"

Han gazed at her for a couple of seconds, as if taking time to digest her words. His expression told her that he wasn't convinced, at the same time uncomfortable with the way she portrayed him as a heroic figure.

Han loosened the grip around her wrist, making it possible for her to break free from his ironlike hold. Silently a loosening breath escaped her mouth in the form of a shaky sob. Hayoon pulled her trembling arms close to her body. She shut her eyes close, convincing herself that she was going to be fine. That nothing would happen, but inwardsly she knew that it was far from safe. Han was still there. Shutting her eyes didn't make him disappear. He was still there. Right in front of her.

"Mark these words." His voice dived dangerously low.

"There is no guarantee that a royal figure wouldn't go against their words. Don't even expect that from the highest man above all people. There is no rule that a man saving you yesterday wouldn't harm you in the future. Tonight I will make sure you remember that."

"You-" Hayoon's mouth was shut.

By his lips.

"No-" her protest muffled and unclear. With every punch of Hayoon the more aggressive turned his kiss, kissing her like it was his last.

Let's see how long you can persist. Han was taking in her lips, his every move violent and provocative.

Wouldn't this make you show your face?