HUNDRED AND THIRTYFOUR

It would be a lie to say that she wasn't affected. It felt like forever since Han had said her name. Besides Ki Young, Hayoon couldn't remember anyone calling her by her real name.

Without knowing Hayoon let go of his hand.

"You have recalled your memories," Hayoon said in monotone whilst processing the news.

It surprised Han that she appeared calmer than he had expected. She wasn't giving any strong reaction, she was neither angry nor happy. At times like this, Hayoon was so hard to read.

"You don't look that surprised,"

"I believe it was just a matter of time... After I was brought to the palace, you did act a bit different so..." Hayoon admitted.

Now it all made sense. His overprotectiveness when Hayoon was with the empress, the shadow guards, and why he sent her away when Minister Kim visited the palace.

Hayoon couldn't really explain what she felt right now. It was a weird feeling. She was neither overly happy as she thought she would be, nor was she angry or disappointed in him for not telling her sooner. The feeling she felt the most was simply, relief. Hayoon was glad he was able to come clean with her.

She was content with how things turned but she was also confused. For what reason would Han think she would leave him? Why?

"So... you think I will leave because you got memories back?"

It sounds weird even in her ears.

"It will make it easier for you to leave," Han said.

"To where?"

Her country was gone, her family dead and the person he cherished was Han. Honestly, Hayoon didn't know why he would have such an idea.

"You really want me to say it?" Han looked hurt as if he was forced to say something he didn't want to.

"Yes," Hayoon said, not hiding her confusion.

"Back to him,"

Hayoon couldn't believe her ears.

"You mean... Ki Young??"

Han didn't answer. It was annoying how she understood it right away.

"Why would I do that?" Hayoon said as if she was wronged.

"I know it all, Hayoon," Han declared as if he indicated that she was hiding something.

"About you and Ki Young,"

After recalling his memories, Han was sure of who Ki Young was. Ki Young was the man that stayed with Hayoon at the inn, when she was running away from the palace in Great Yong. When Han found her in the capital, Ki Young was by her side. That was his first encounter with the man named Ki Young.

Han didn't know how Ki Young ended up with Hayoon, but during the time they were apart, Hayoon was with that person.

"The first time I saw you after waking up... at the night market, he was also by your side. The two of you looked like a married couple, "

"You saw me at the market?" Hayoon said surprised. It was the first time she had heard of it. She remembers being at the night market, she remembers having a fight with Ki Young before they split up. But she shouldn't recall any memories of Han.

Hayoon only remembers him showing up in the forest when she was tied to a tree by a bunch of idiots.

"Wherever I saw you, is that important right now?" Han lamented.

"There is nothing going on between me and Ki Young,"

"Friendship?"

"I'm telling the truth,"