S E V E N T Y T W O

C H A P T E R   S E V E N T Y T W O

With slow steps, Hayoon was walking across the room she had never been in. There was high to the ceiling and the huge pillars at the corners of the room were decorated in bronze painted patterns. Han was sitting at the table a few meters ahead, eyeing her every movement as Hayoon narrowed the distance with every step she made.

She stopped when there were only a few steps between them. Hayoon lifted her head to look at the prince who still has not removed his eyes from her. Their eyes finally meet, but no words were said. Hayoon only returned his stare with the same amount of insensitivity she was given. She didn't greet him the way the head maid taught her to, neither did she wait for him to allow her to raise her head. Untamed by the maids training, Hayoon was still behaving the way she used to.

"I see you still have the same attitude as when I found you a week ago," Han spoke.

I'll take it as a compliment, Hayoon mentally spoke but never said it out loud. She was simply staring at Han, waiting for him to reveal the reason why she was called into this room.

Her cold response of an ice statue caused a low chuckle to erupt from the prince's lips. A quite rare reaction in fact.

"With such an attitude of yours, I wonder if you truly don't fear me or that you are simply acting?"

Of course, it was the first, but Hayoon didn't say it.

"Well, wouldn't I find out soon enough?" Han asked plastering an icy smile.

"Servant bring me the wine,"

The next moment the doors were opened and in came the maids with a tray of wine. It was placed on the table in the middle of the room where Han was sitting. Hayoon stood like a frozen statue not giving the smallest reaction as the servants passed her back and forth.

The doors closed shut and they were again alone.

Han didn't order her to serve him the wine or forced her to sit next to him. As if she wasn't existing he poured the wine to the cup himself. He placed the cup to his lips and drank the heated wine in a single shot.

"This wine was made by the royal physician," Han spoke as if it was to himself.

"It includes a special medicament supposed to make the person speak of the truth only. In other words, it is impossible to lie after drinking this. Otherwise one would feel an immense pain caused by the toxin. A single cup is enough for it to work." Han drank another cup before he continued.

"Seems like it really works."

Hayoon had no idea why he said that? What was he trying to prove? What did he intend by telling her all this? In all honesty, she didn't know. Curiosity made her broke the facade of silence she long had upheld. In careful tone, Hayoon dared speak up from her mind, although knowing that she was never asked to.

"Why is his highness telling me this?" Her brows slightly knitted as she looked at him, failing to conceal her emotions. Her reaction was all that he was aiming for. With a victorian glint in his eyes, the prince looked at Hayoon with an amused expression.

"I want you to drink this," Han answered.

"If you can answer my questions after taking this wine, I promise to let you go."