E L E V E N

C H A P T E R E L E V E N

The room was pitch black yet she didn't lit up the candles. Out of manner people didn't dare to interrupt a lady at this hour, thinking it was improper, which later also saved Hayoon from the inspecting of the patrolling guards, as they thought she was sleeping. They were looking for someone, that much did she hear.

It seemed a bit disappointing with the lack effort they made, if it really was the ruler of Kang they were looking for. They easily left without considering the consequences of not being able to find the one they were looking for. Or maybe was her reputation just as insignificant as it was in Kang. A simple doll on the throne with no real importance than a national figure. She wasn't surprised though.

Hayoon was pretty sure Yoon soon would chase her back to the palace, and give her a handful of scolding for sneaking out. Something Hayoon didn't look forward to. Speaking of Yoon, it was surprising she hasn't caught Hayoon yet. Not that I'm complaining. Hayoon sighed.

Darting her gaze at the tied man on the floor she made a blank expression. If someone witnessed this view they'll probably think she was one of those lowly abductors, a crazy girl desperate to get married. She even treated his wounds before tying his arms and legs. Undressing his upper body and covering his eyes with a band wasn't much to her advantage either.

It wasn't because she wanted him to freeze to death or was some pervert, it's just that his upper robe was already covered in blood, the floor was covered in blood, she had to use something to clean and she only had a set of clothes herself. Maybe a bit inconsiderate to someone who's injured, but that's how she discovered his wounds and got to treat them.

As it was a must to take the jade ornament with her at all time she also knew that relying on imaginary beliefs wasn't enough to safe her, so she always brought a little bottle of medicine powder. Thanks to that she got to treat Yoon's hand the other day, and now a stranger also benefitted from that.

"Ahh..." the man groaned, pulling her attention. He tried to move but of course couldn't.

"Don't move." Hayoon said, while sitting up from the bed. She crumbled her back and perfectly hid behind her knees as if it was some kind of shield.

"What.... what did you do to me..." The man tried to sit up but failed. Seeing him struggling Hayoon felt a little more at ease, and but her defense down. Her hands broke the lock around her knees and she carefully raised her head from the hideout.

"The wounds is your own achievement I only tied you up."

"And undressed me." .

"I treated your wounds." She continued with blushing cheeks.

"And undressed me."

"Don't make it sound like I did I twice." Hayoon complained, earning the man's grinning. His laughter soon turned into painful coughing.

"Are you okay down there?" Hayoon said with a hint of concern.

"It's a bit cold," he said. Hayoon went from the bed and down to get a look at the man. Her finger poked at the skin of his shoulder. His temperature was lower than hers, his skin a bit wet, maybe it wasn't that good of an idea to let an injured man lay half naked on the floor.

"Your temperature is a bit low." She said poking his shoulder.

"Want to warm me up?- AGRRrrr." Hayoon pressed on his injured ribs, not too hard but enough to make him shut up.

"Serve You." She said then headed back to the bed.

"Ya..." he said fainted. "You are leaving me on the floor?"

"Yes," she said turning to the side, so her back was facing him.

"I'll die if you leave me down here." He said between hard coughing and mixed disbelieving chuckles.

"There's only one bed."

"I was taught to share."

"I wasn't." Hayoon said while throwing herself on the bed with exaggerated motion, to make sure he heard the creaking of the bed.

"You're heartless,." He said while coughing. Her brows knitted as she couldn't get his words out of her head. His bandage won't be able to maintain his temperature. Wasn't she being a bit harsh to an injured? Still at this moment she could hear him coughing down there.

Her hands covered her ears, but even when she blocked her hearing it was an useless act. She felt bad. It took a while before she removed the hands slowly. Then it became really quite, to the point she turned a bit worried.

"Are you sleeping?" Hayoon asked.

"No," he said with a hoarse voice. "I'm dying."

He was feeding on her conscience. At this point she probably wouldn't be able to get a peaceful sleep even though she was laying on a comfortable bed. Sitting up she grabbed the pillow and blanket. She could at least do this much for him. He won't die from sleeping on the floor. She kept convincing herself.

"Hey." She said while poking him, making him turn at her. "Lift your head." He tried to lift it, the pain evident in his facial expression as he tried to make a move.

"Ah..." He groaned with a twisted grimace. "Don't get me wrong, I'm usually pretty good at exercising." His joking tone earned her light smile. Hayoon slid her hand under his head and helped him so she could put the pillow right under. Hurriedly covering him with the blanket she then rushed back to the bed.

"Thank you," he said with sincere gratefulness but as cold as she was he didn't get a reply. Hayoon used her hand as a pillow, she turned at the man, slowly observing him in silent. How did he get those injuries? She pondered to herself.

"Aren't you curious? How I get those wounds?" He asked as if he could read her mind.

"No." Hayoon lied in a split of second causing him chuckle.

She didn't dig into his story, it would be a lie to say she wasn't curious, but they were just passerbys crossing paths. There was no point of sharing each other's story.

"What's your name?" He suddenly asked. Since she already covered his eyes he at least wanted to know the name of the girl who saved him.

Hayoon maintained her silence. Replying would be sending the wrong sign, allowing him to get closer. She didn't want to befriend anyone. Her silence wasn't even surprising to him, as if he was already used to her cold treatment.

"My name is Young. Ki Young."