S E V E N T Y S E V E N

C H A P T E R S E V E N T Y S E V E N

She was dressed in a dress of purple, her hair pinned into a bun and held by a golden hairpin shaped in the form of a butterfly at the end. The long hair fell gracefully on her back and reached her tiny waist. Her eyes glimmered with an unknown happiness, and for some reason a little shyness was sensed in the smile she gave him.

The way she addressed him, told Han that she knew who he was, but in all honesty, she had no place in his memory. As if this was their first time to meet, Han didn't know how to address or how to react to her greeting.

She said, long time no see, meaning they had met before but when? Han had no idea.

"Your majesty," the empress said, pressing her hand on the emperor's. As if she knew they had become the third wheel. Tugging a smile the emperor then turned at his empress.

"Hasn't it been long since we had been out for a walk?" the emperor asked.

"Yes, it has your majesty," the empress replied.

While Han obviously felt the awkwardness arose, the lady beside him oddly appeared unaffected when the emperor and the empress used that excuse to leave. She acted as if this place was her own home, despite being a guest in a foreign nation.

Han could tell that she wasn't from here. Her hair was styled with much more details, there were small strand which was braided with pearls, which wasn't pretty common for female in Great Yong.

"Aren't his highness going to show me around?" She said, pulling Han away from his deep thoughts. So, without his knowing, Han started walking, showing the lady around the shabby garden. She looked excited, for reason Han didn't know of.

Amidst the grey scenery a faint colour of yellow and white was spotted. It was some small flowers which had just blossomed.

"I don't remember to have seen those flowers before." The girl said, looking gazingly at the plant. It was the first time Han had seen those flowers too, but he didn't know what to say.

The lady looked at him, searching for what seemed like an reaction but got nothing beside his stone expression.

"This too, reminds me of the days. Back then his highness were walking with me, yet you appeared as if someone had captured your soul."

"I'm sorry to appear rude, but in all honesty," Han said, carefully choosing his words.

"I still have no idea of who your ladyship are."

The lady smiled, apparently not offended by his honest words.

"I know," she replied. "I heard his highness was suffering from amnesia after waking up, but I don't mind it. I still remember you and that's all what matters."

"Although you ladyship don't mind it, I can't say the same. For me it's like I'm talking to a complete stranger. I don't know who you are but the way you behave make it appear as if we are close friends, which I am-"

"Uncomfortable with?" The lady interrupted.

"Not used to."

She made an approving nod as if agreeing with him, yet her words said otherwise.

"Well, we aren't living in a world where people have to get used to each other before getting married. Although I totally respect that idea."