H U N D R E D A N D T W E L V E

C H A P T E R   HUNDREDANDTWELVE

Whatever happened last night remained as unspoken words. Only the servants heard the frantic screams from Han, only they witnessed his devasted state, but they knew better than mention it ever again. It was a secret they would take with them to their grave. Han's weakness would only make him more vulnerable, and there was no reason why the servants would ruin their master's name. For that reason, Hayoon wasn't known to yesterday's event.

Hayoon woke up with no idea of what happened yesterday. The moment she closed her eyes, she slept like a dead bear, that wouldn't wake up even if thunder roared outside. The servants, who attended her didn't show any unusual behavior that hinted that something happened to Han.

Hayoon noticed he looked a bit tired, but on the other hand, he never looked like one that had a good rest. His gaze was always calm and solemn, but the lack of sleep was written inside them. Han sat across Hayoon around the table. Although various dishes were displayed, Han didn't look any appetized at all.

Compared to yesterday, he ate much less. When the servants came to take back the dishes, many plates were still untouched. That was despite her efforts of making him eat. After the meal, they took a little walk in the garden. Not that there was much to digest, since he barely touched any food.

The grass from the garden was not in the freshest green, but a milder shade. The season would soon change and had already left its marks. The cherry tree in the middle of the garden was nearly naked from leaves and the flowers were slowly withering to yellow.

"Your mother must really like cherry trees," Hayoon said, glancing at the tree in the middle of the garden. The thought hit her, that there were also cherry trees in Han's place in the palace. Besides, Hayoon also remembered Han say that his mother was fond of cherries.

"It was her favorite," Han said. "She said, no words could describe its beauty. Spring was the season she loved the most because that was when the cherry would bloom."

"Do you like cherry blossom?" Hayoon asked.

"I've only seen them in paintings," his gaze turned distant as those words escaped his lips.

After all, he barely had any memories besides the times he stayed at the borders. From daybreak till the sunset was filled with training on the battleground. It wasn't the most memorable childhood he had, and after joining the army at the border, his views consisted of training camps, battles, and training.

He never got the chance to see the beauty of the tree his mother was so fond of. When he returned to the palace, he would get a glimpse of cherry trees in his mother's garden, but those trees were no different than dried corpses that held no life or spring. After his mother died, the garden was left unattended as well.

As years before Han missed to witness the cherry blossom. The seasons have already changed the pages, and soon fall would arrive. Spring had already passed, and the cherry blossom was long out of sight.

Although Hayoon wished she could turn back in time there was no way she could do it. She was no magician, despite how much she wished to be.

"Let's watch  the next cherry blossom together," Hayon said.

Han turned at her, a gentle smile graced his lips.

"It will be my pleasure," Han replied.

After strolling for good some time Hayoon and Han went back to his chamber. Han insisted on accompanying her throughout the day, planning travel around the mountain to observe the landscape, but Hayoon refused to.