N I N E T E E N

C H A P T E R N I N E T E E N

With Hayoon in his arm Han strolled to his chamber. As usual he would walk through an empty corridor hall, the memory of him bumping to anyone wasn't included in his memory. People usually avoid him in advance.

More than other royal princes Han was a feared existence, not only by the officials but also by the servants. The fear didn't originate from the title of a demon commander nor because his personal character as the case would be with Hyun. It was slight different. Hyun was feared with despise while Han was feared by detest.

As a servant to be associated with the right to be judgemental might sound ridiculous, however that was the case. The reason for their detest? His appearance. In fact his facial features was more attractive than most men in the country, he was in no way pale in appearance compared to any other prince, without putting an effort he easily surpass among the most handsome man in the whole country. The only flaw that brought shame to his appearance was the black hair that was fading to ominous silver blue ocean.

The cursed color that sealed his life with the battlefield as a second home. Han couldn't confidently say he was proud of his appearance, yet for once did he found this complex somehow favourable. The silver blue locks was alerting from far distance and naturally made the servant avoid him as they would with an incurable disease. For now it was much for the better. The less who sees the face of Hayoon the less he had to deal with.

Within a few stride Han arrived at his personal chambers, no eunuch was there to alert his arrival nor was there any maid to open his door. Han was never home, so his place has been desolated for quite some time. Whenever he made a visit, it would be just a couple hours and then he would return to the borders, so it wasn't necessary to have any servant.

Using his shoulder Han easily flung the door open and entered, as soon as he set his feet inside the room, the door was closed shut by the wind. The bang left quite an impact, yet the girl in his arms didn't appear disturbed in her sleep.

Han placed her little weight to his left arm as he with the right turned a little stone figure attached to the wall. The ground under them moved with the wall along, the next moment Han was on the other side of the wall. His shadow flickered in sync with the weak flame of the torch attached along the way. It didn't seem as Hayoon could meet the Emperor right away, hence bringing a sleeping girl to the strictly guarded chamber of Yoon, in official manner, would only give ground for unnecessary gossip.

The tour lasted longer than Hayoon was comfortable with, gritting her teeth Hayoon pressed herself to endure this a little more. Though the burning throat was killing her she wouldn't let it show, she couldn't let Han know that she was faking her sleep.

Han stopped as he reached the end of the secret passage. As before Han touched a specific place on the wall, the ground under them spun with the wall along.

Hayoon didn't open her eyes but felt a dimmed light tickling her eye lids. They must be out of the secret passage now.

"Your highness." The voice came in sync of Yoon and Gwan, welcoming their arrival.

Han spotted the bed and placed Hayoon there, Yoon hurriedly came to his assistance and adjusted the pillow and blankets.

"Your highness what happened?" Yoon asked Han.

"Her highness was soaked in the rain, I think she'll get better with some rest."

Yoon sat of the edge of the bed. A light frown appeared as Yoon noticed the slight movement of Hayoon swallowing. Her stare froze in a frown feeling Hayoon discretely reached for her hand and squeezed it. Luckily Yoon was still wearing the mask, so her shocked expression wasn't exposed. Turning back at Han, Yoon said with resolute tone.

"Your highness I think you should leave now, as you said my regent need rest." Her voice perfectly hid the anxiety inside her.

"As you wish." Han responded.

"Your highness though this would be out of manner this subject have to remind you that her highness should meet the emperor as fast as possible." Gwan spoke.

"I'll make sure it happens," Yoon said standing up, her body language was urging their departure.

"Last time lady Yoon said that my Commander ended up at the stage of execution." Gwan persisted.

Time was already feeding on her patience having to deal another loyal subject wasn't to her favour. Yoon had to take a deep inhale to calm herself, she was facing Han and Gwan but her eyes flickered back and forth to the ceramic bottle at the desk at bed while her mind was working on a sentence that would make sense. Hayoon tightened the fist under the blanket, doing whatever she could to uphold the act.

"If you need anything please let us know." Han said.

Knowing that Han without saying was just as desperate to have Hayoon meet the emperor Yoon could only thank him for his consideration. Yoon curtsied with great gratitude, which Han returned with a light nod. He left through the secret passage and as his shadow Gwan neglectingly followed.

As soon as the wall closed, Hayoon could put and end to the painful act, she broke out gasping, coughing hard till the tears soaked her lashes. Her breath hitched with heavy breathing as if her lung was a leaking tube. Yoon hastily ran to grab the bottle on the desk and went to Hayoon's side.

"Is there something wrong your highness?" A maid said from outside.

"I just choked on my tea nothing serious." Yoon said whilst she with shaking hands poured out some round pills and immediately fed it to Hayoon.

Hayoon struggled to swallow the pills but somehow managed to, as it just sunk halfway to her throat she coughed hard and spat the pill out again.

With her fast reaction Yoon ate another pill herself, chewing it before feeding Hayoon the grounded remains. She poured Hayoon a cup of tea, assisting Hayoon by lifting her head slightly, Yoon poured the tea to her mouth.

After good fifteen minutes the symptoms gradually subdued, Hayoon's throat felt slight better and she was able to breath normally again.

"Your highness were scaring the hell out of me," Yoon said devasted, her eyes poured with relief as Hayoon stabilised.

"Blame them for having a garden of roses. A whole garden~" Hayoon said with a ridiculous smile.

The word roses shoot Yoon's eyes wide open, first now did she had the clear mind to see the yellow colour digging to Hayoon's hanfu. Yoon had thought it was a pattern of yellow strings, now that she realised it was pollen her eyes went dark.

A sniff from a rose was enough to trouble her breathing, Yoon couldn't imagined how much this amount of pollen inflicted. Luckily she had already taking her medication, making those remained poison have no affect at all.

Hayoon had her eyes closed so it wasn't easy to tell if she already drifted away due to the side effect of the medication. The only thing that told Yoon that Hayoon wasn't, was the smile tugged on the unpained face. Hayoon would always smile that way to reasure Yoon that she was okay, always with closed eyes. It was a habit of her own. The blood shoot teary eyes was exposing her weak condition, a thing she wouldn't enlighten anyone with.

"Is it a bad time to ask why you are emerged in a layer of poison?" Yoon's voice bitter, with a murderous eyes she glared at the yellow dust.

"Then you should've seen me before the shower." Hayoon grinned.

A/N: @Tarilima your comment was the inspiration for this chapter.