F I F T Y T W O

C H A P T E R F I F T Y T W O

Time turned the page of the seasons and soon it would be the mid fall. The scenery was slowly changing from faint yellow to sunset shades, the calming colours brought warmth to the view and comfort to the mind. Hayoon would often feel awestruck by the creation of nature whenever she passed the royal garden on her way to the library.

At the time, Hayoon intended to study the customs and literature of Great Yong, her efforts winning the emperor's favour even more. She was showing steady improvement in her knowledge which didn't go unnoticed by the Emperor. Whenever they had a chance to exchange couple of words he would be positively surprised beyond expectation. Smitten by the emperor's fondness the empress herself found her liking the hardworking lady, although in the Dowager's eyes Hayoon was still lacking multiple ways.

.

.

As any other day Hayoon went to the grandeur library to pick up a couple of scrolls and books. She would always take them back to her chamber to read, cause princess Ailee always claimed the entire library to be her own playground. Luckily their taste was of different genre, hence Hayoon would never be too close to Ailee's sphere, however she never really bothered to stay.

Hayoon picked a stacks of books which Yoon would carry back to her chamber. Hayoon wasn't aiming to be the most diligent student hence she only took the chronicles about recent years events and incidents. The first book she took hold of was the royal hunting.

Five years ago at the royal hunt prince Hyun set the official mark of being the youngest victorian recorded in history of Great Yong. No one was even close to challenge him and in the following five years he had obtained the title of the skill-fullest archer among the royal princes.

Hayoon  switched the books, not particularly interested in the person mentioned. She grabbed the chronicle of the history wars and turned on the pages.

The military border has at times been threatened but due to Great Yong's superiority no country had ever had the chance to invade the land. Only one man had managed capitalise the outer wildness which was the emperor of Yuen.

However due to Great Yong's more advanced strategy and knowledge, the men of Yuen were chased out and had to retreat with great humiliation after only three full moons. The ruler of Yuen had to admit defeat and were to tribute to Great Yong every year with gold and supplies. The victory was led by loyal subject to the emperor, which for many years had upheld the peace for the nation.

Hayoon grabbed another book, scrolling through as she scanned the written texts. Every page was marked with the year, month and day. Although the downfalls of defeated wars wasn't highly mentioned every upturn of victory was filled with descriptive words.

Two years ago a general Yi chased away the robbers on the mountain and established the pease of the minor tribes. Despite his old age the general secured the piece of the tribe of 103 people.

One year ago prince Sin was sent to the neighbors country as a messenger and accomplished great achievement for the negotiation between Great Yong and The Southern States. The prince made his first accomplishment and was rewarded with a chest of gold and two concubines.

Even the lousy prince as Sin was mentioned, but not even one page had the name of Han.

Hayoon thought she was overthinking, maybe it wasjust a coincidence that she happened to take those book without his name within its content. But soon she realised it wasn't the case.