S E V E N T Y S I X

C H A P T E R   S E V E N T Y S I X 

Ki Young regretted it the moment he said those words, cause the effect wasn't one of which he had wanted. She didn't turn angry as he wished, her concern regarding Han didn't wither but only intensified. Maybe she didn't even notice herself asking the question 'if Han knew that the wine was poisoned', cause she didn't even wait for an answer but left as if she was in a hurry.  

When Hayoon was gone a figure suddenly appeared from the shadow. The person who had been hiding in the darkness was disguised as one of the guards but in the truth of a completely different identity.

"Master," Ki Young went to his knees as the person came to light.

"How are your wounds?" The deep voice said.

"It is nothing serious. I'm sorry to concern you."

The man gave an approving nod while gesturing for Ki Young to rise. His gaze then moved in the direction in which Hayoon went off. Loosening a breath he then turned back at Ki Young.

"It was because of one woman that you hid for a whole year?"

"Please forgive me, master. I was wrong,"

"If I hadn't kidnapped that girl and made her met the prince, would you then have returned to my side?"

What was the man supposed to say when Ki Young, was still pretending as if he was obedient when he was only forced to return.

Ki Young was one of his best students. The most skilled killer of the kind. But, when he was sent out on a mission his disciple suddenly disappeared for years and never returned. It took his master nearly a year to figure out Ki Young's whereabouts, and then only with threats of killing the woman he loved, was Ki Young willing to return to his master's side.

More ridiculous was it that the young man was in love with a woman, who didn't even love him back.

Pathetic. The master thought. Did I teach you to become a fool?

"Master, please give me another chance."

"And You better not waste it," The master said, giving Ki Young a pat on his shoulder. Brushing the thought away, the master then put his focus on their mission.

"Then, in your opinion does it looks like the prince had completely forgotten about the past?"

"Yes, master. It appears so,"

But it seems like he hadn't completely forgotten. A part of him still cares about her... Ki Young kept the thought to himself. His mission was to figure out if Han had forgotten his memories or not, the fact that Han still had some lingerings feelings for Hayoon doesn't prove the opposite.

"well, I will rely that to our client."

The master secretly looked at Ki Young from the corner of his eyes. His disciple appeared was excellent in concealing his emotion, but how could his master not notice it?

Stupid fella.

The master then gave Ki Young a pill and instructed him to swallow it.

"This will lessen your pain during their interrogation,"

During the torture.

"Yes, master."

Ki Young walked back, putting his hands inside the iron handcuffs. His master locked the chains and then hid the key inside his robes.