N I N E T Y F I V E

C H A P T E R N I N E T Y F I V E

The gaze that fell on her, his eyes that didn't leave her for a second was as if he didn't found it persuasive. His eyes were deep and empty, revealing none of his real emotions besides an indifferent state.

"Why don't you say anything?" Hayoon asked, her voice crying as he just remained silent.

It wasn't because Han didn't mean to believe her. It was because he couldn't. He didn't know if this was real, or was he just trapped within another dream? Reality and delusional were all mixed together that he didn't know when he faced what. Han was tired of falling into disappointment, waking up to the cold reality.

I'm always terrible anxious around you, Han spoke told himself.

It's beyond what I can explain...

As much as he wanted to keep her in his embrace, there was something that held him back. Although her words were real as the waning moon, he didn't dare to believe them.

"You can trust me,"

Once, Han thought that he could trust anything that he saw, but then, a time came where he realized that nothing everything he knew was real. When his own vision was deceiving him, what was there than to believe. He couldn't even trust himself, how was he able to trust others?

"Let me stay tonight," Hayoon said. Her words sounded like a beg. He was still sick, and most of all she knew that he wouldn't let anyone close to him. Also, she didn't want to part with him yet. It has been days since they had seen each other, and she also felt that the time they had was never long enough.

"Don't send me away,"

Han lifted his hand, his cold finger placed on her cheeks. His hand gently cupped her face, feeling the warmth from her skin made him hope that this wasn't a dream. He felt as if he had been asleep for so long, yet at this moment he still felt sleepy.

"You can stay," Han permitted.

"But you must not go against my wish,"

As long as she could stay, there was nothing Hayoon wouldn't agree to. Hayoon knew it was difficult for him to accept all this at once. For Han, she was only a person that hadn't been in his life for more than a small amount of time. It was only natural that he felt strange to be that close with a person he just met. But if she told him everything, if Hayoon told him who she was, would he believe her? Would he be disappointed in her for pretending not to know him in the first place?

Or maybe did he already knew that she was lying? He said that there was a person that he kept seeing that looked like her, did that mean that there was still a fragment of her in his memories? If she wasn't completely erased from his memories, then maybe there was a chance that he would remember her again. Hayoon was supposed to be happy about this news.

She was supposed to feel delighted that there was a chance for him to recover and regain his memories, but she found a part of her afraid of it. Afraid that he would be disappointed in her.

Hayoon looked at Han as she tapped the moist cloth around his temple. The cloth absorbed the cold sweat that ran down his face. His brows were drawn into a line from time to time. The injuries had caused him a fever and it had just been a while that his temperature went down.