Manik's Promise

Shannoo and Mr. Murthy were miserable seeing Nandini's condition. They talked with her, she heard them but couldn't respond. "Kya haal hua humari bachchi ka?" she said to him. Manik entered there and they took him out. "We already said many times, do not try to enter her life again" her chacha warned Manik. "Chacha, Nandini needs medical help please let me go inside" Manik said.

"Yaha tumhare alawa koi doctors nahi hai tho hum doosre hospital le jaayenge Nandini ko" he said. "Please aap aise mat kijiye, it's too risky to shift her now. I will just check on her and I promise I won't do anything more than that" Manik requested them. "How could you" chacha tried to say something but chachi interrupted. "Aap please ruk jayiye, Manik tum andar jao" chachi said. "Thanks chachi" Manik tried to rush but chachi stopped him. "Remember Manik, I'm sending you in just for her treatment, do not try to talk to her about anything until Nandini wakes up. Aage bhi Nandini se tumhe koi rishta nahi rakhna hai" chachi ordered and Manik thought for a minute and accepted for Nandini. He went inside.

"Nandini tum kab uth jaogi?" he asked her. "Shayad tum uthne ke baad hum nahi milenge, chachi ne saaf mana kar diya" he smiled sarcastically. "Sun comes again after every night, after every evening moon comes again, waves, they come again to meet the sea shore, can't you forgive me again? Can't you love me again?" Manik asked. "I know you will stay silent even if I asked you this if you are awake, no matter what but I will love you always" he kissed her forehead and gave injection to her. "I'll come again in the evening, take care" Manik said and left.

Nandini was unable to move but she struggled to wake up. She felt dead but her hope to live didn't let her die. She remembered that she was talking to Manik when she had accident. "I hate you Manik, agar mera wish poora ho jaye tho kabhi main tumhara chehra nahi dekhungi" Nandini remembered her last words with Manik. "Love or hate main sirf tumse karti hu Manik" flashes of his memories got freshened up in her. She remembered how she hated him for leaving her, then how could she doesn't love him for asking her to love him once again.

Nandini remembered walking on the foggy road and she could see nothing in front of her. A car had suddenly hit her. She felt numb but remembered she fell off. She thought she was dead, there was no one. "Amma Appa" her heart cried as she remembered her parents before her last breath. She remembered how dreadful accident took away her parents. Chacha chachi took her with them. They loved her more than their own daughter. How could she leave them in halfway when all he was asking is to be with him again.

She was in utter dismay and didn't understood whether to accept Manik again or should not trust him again. She heard a voice then. "Nandu" she tried to wake up. "Nandu, Amma is here kanna, please wake up" she saw her mom. "Amma" Nandini couldn't wake up but tears flow down through her cheeks. She didn't know whether it's her dream or her mom really came to see her. "Why did you leave me mom?" this was the question she asked many times to herself. "Nandu, me and your Appa, we always think of you, just remember one thing, do what your heart says. I always wanted to see you happy, chacha chachi are loving you so much, I'm happy that our absence would never affect you" her pillow got wet because of her tears. Chachi just came inside and saw Nandini's eyes moist and called Navya immediately.

Navya and Cabir came there to check her. "Amma please don't leave me" Nandini spoke for the first time after the accident. They were happy to see improvement in her. They tried to wake her up. "It's time to leave Nandu, may you live long for hundred years" her mom blessee and she could feel someone shaking her. "Amma" Nandini woke up with a sudden jerk crying for her mom and Navya, Cabir and chachi were astonished.

"Nandu" her chachi hugged her. "Chachi, Amma phirse mujhe chodke chali gayi" she cried like a baby. "Nandu, aise mat kaho main hu na, I'll always be there with you" her chachi promised. Navya and Cabir were happy to see Nandini awake. Nandini felt her head spinning and held her head for relaxation. "Nandini" Navya caller her. "How do you feel now?" Cabir asked her. "Good" she said simply. Chacha also came in and hugged Nandini. "Thank God Nandini ko hosh aaya" Navya prayed to God.