Birthday Boy

Chachi was stunned at his unexpected question. "I know that you don't believe me now! Atleast don't you believe yourself? Aapne khud kai baar mere help kiya Nandini ke liye, ab kya hua aapko ab wo vishwas nahi hai kya!" Manik asked looking at her. "Along with Nandini's happiness, we are concerned about her future too Manik, now you are saying that you love her, and maybe tomorrow you both fight and break up with each other, we aren't able to believe both of your relation" she said. "I accept mujhse galti hui hai, but anyone can make mistake, am I not supposed to be forgiven?" Manik asked sincerely. "Did you say this to your mom Manik! She also liked Nandini before but now she treats her like Nandini is responsible for everything, kya tum apni maa ki soch badal sakoge?" she asked Manik and Nandini came inside when they were talking.

Manik went away from there silently. Nandini looked on as she saw Manik leaving. "Kya hua chachi, Manik kyu aaya yaha?" Nandini asked. "Kuch nahi, go and get freshened up, main dinner table arrange karti hu" chachi left from there and Nandini saw flowers on the table and left from there clueless. Nandini went to her room and called Manik. "Manik, is everything okay? Tum andar kyu aaye ho! Those flowers!" she asked him. "Wo maine chachi ke liye le aaya tha! Today when I saw Mukti, I realised what a mom goes through. Chachi ka bhi yahi haal tha na, even she got her uterus removed after multiple miscarriages. Then it was after 2 months your parents died and from that day till date, she has always been your mother, tum bhale hi chachi bulati ho but she is your mom" Manik said and Nandini was moved by his sweet gesture. "Even my mom, wo tho saari duniya se ladne ke liye tayyar hai mere liye, she doesn't hate you Nandini it's just that she loves me more and thinks that you were the reason for me going to NewYork, please don't take her wrong" Manik apologized on behalf of his mom. "Manik I know that she loves me and I will wait until she accept me" Nandini said.

"Acha tum kaha ho!" she asked him. "As usual, night watchman ka kaam kar raha hu" he said. "Why are you still waiting for me Manik, tumhara neend karab hoga, you should go home and sleep tonight, after all humara shaadi bhi ho gaya" she said as she looked at the mangalsutra in her neck. "What made you thought that I was waiting here to get married to you? Listen! I'm here to be with you all the time" he made it clear. "I know par aisa roz roz jagaana zaruri tho nahi hai na" she asked him. "Don't worry I can manage my sleep schedule, and how could you ask me to go and sleep on our wedding night Nandini!" he asked. "Wedding night!" she said as she blushed. "Aaj tho humara suhaagraat hai na!" he asked. "No" she was quick.

"What no! Shaadi se pehle sochna chahiye tha na!" he teased her. "Ok wait, I'm coming down after dinner, when chacha chachi go to their room" she said. "Really, you are not kidding right!" he asked and she said sure. Manik waited for a while and she came to him with a bag. "Why are you here with a bag! Maine kaha na shaadi ke baad bhi hum aise hi rahenge apne apne ghar mein" Manik said. "Relax, abhi sasuraal jaane ka iraada nahi hai, this is for you" she said handing over the bag. "Mere liye! Kya hai isme?" Manik asked her and she asked him to open the bag.

"I have bought all these gifts for you" she admitted shyly. "Ye saare gifts!" Manik asked excited. "Ha par ab nahi, I bought them long back but I couldn't give you all" she said. "Long back! Why?" Manik was curious to know. "I didn't tell you this till now but isme se first gift maine uss kharida jab maine pehli baar tumhe dekha tha" she continued. "Of course I was angry that day because chacha didn't tell me about the match making, but I liked you in the first instant when I saw you" she said. "Then why didn't you say it that day?" Manik was on cloud nine after hearing her. "Because I didn't wanted to get married, I have my goals already set and I couldn't afford to focus on other things. Also I thought I couldn't be able to manage both my personal and professional life, but I was mesmerized when I saw you at first, honestly I thought I should not deviate from my goals then but see destiny had us together now " Nandini said. "And this was the gift I bought you that day, I thought you will never be back in my life but I bought it for you" she gave him a gift and he opened it. "Water bottle!" He asked sarcastically. "Maine uss din chilli powder milayi hai na halwa mein issi liye water bottle kareeda hai, dekho iss main measurement hai, aur mera messages bhi hai" Nandini said.