Past Never Leaves

"Nandu beta utho, tumhe jaldi jaana hai na" her chachi woke her up. "Chachi sone dena, please" she pulled the duvet upon her again. "But you said you should go early kisi surgery tha". Nandini immediately sat upright on the bed. "Oh God I completely forgot", she quickly took her clothes and rushed into the washroom. "Chacha uth gaya na!" she shouted from the washroom.

"Ha ready bhi ho gaya" Nandini put on her eyeliner so that she looks fresh and applied cream and she is ready to leave. Her chacha dropped her while she dozed off in the car. "Nandu beta utho, hospital aaya". She woke up and went in. She changed into her uniform. She gave injection to Shanaya because of which the surgery was delayed. She arranged OT by the time Manik came.

Manik came to OT and saw that all arrangements are done. He quickly checks everything and talks to Shanaya. "Be confident and just smile" he smiled at her and Nandini gave anaesthesia to her. "Stella, is everything ready?" Manik asked ignoring Nandini who also equally ignored him.

He cleaned his hands and took gloves. He blocked her way while she gave a sharp look. "You wait outside, I will call you later" he said in a low voice. "But sir, everything is set" she said casually.

"I don't want anything to go wrong most importantly I don't want sleepy heads in the OT, so just leave" Stella tied the mask on his face. Nandini reluctantly left from there as Manik turned away from her.

"When he already made up his mind to not let me enter, why did he asked me to come this early in the morning, he's sick. Ayyappa, main kaha phas gayi" she talked to herself.

Mukti entered her dad's room. She hugged him from back. "Happy Birthday Dad". He hugged her back, "thank you so much beta, I love you" he was overwhelmed that she wished him. "Dad, mujhe Maa ka pyaar nahi mila, please don't push me away, I need you in my life Dad, I love you" she cried like a baby holding him.

"Mukti I'm always with you no matter what, now smile" he cheered her up. "Come now, I've made your favorite breakfast" she dragged him.

"Yeah let me freshen up" he excused himself and Mukti said that she will wait for him. He called someone, "Mukti just came to wish me so I had to cut the call, I'm sorry" he said apologetically. "Koi nahi, Happy Birthday Raman", the wish lit up his mood as it always does. His dose of happiness other than Mukti.

Nandini waited until the surgery is completed. She informed Vansh about the surgery.

"Why you are all forcing my son to accept that bad luck again in his life!" Vansh's mom taunted Nandini. "Maa, please I can do anything for you, but don't ask me to leave her" Vansh tried to explain her. "Aunty ji, you love your son so much but why couldn't you see that he loves her too". His mom left from there and he thanks Nandini.

She went to check whether others came or not. She saw Navya, Cabir and Aryaman having coffee. Navya offered another cup of coffee when she saw Nandini. "Hi, good morning everyone" she smiled taking the cup from Navya.

"Nandini I thought we are good friends now but tumne aise kyu kiya?" Cabir asked all of a sudden and she had no clue about what he was talking. "Maine kya kiya Cabir?" she had put her cup down.

"Tumne bataya hi nahi ki Manik sir humare jiju hai" hearing his name made her annoyed. "Shut up Cabir, it will never happen" she said enjoying the coffee again. "Arre what's wrong with him, dude, he is so cool, young and most eligible bachelor, most important wo he's good at heart" Cabir listed out the good qualities of Manik.

"Good at heart! My foot Cabir, he's a monster, ask Navya and Aryaman how he troubled me yesterday!" she justified herself. "Yeah I've heard from them, hota hai kabhi kabhi, Cabir ki baat maano aur chill maro balika"