Everything has a Reason

"No ma'am I can't go anywhere" Navya said making Mukti annoyed.

"I'm not asking you Navya, I'm saying it. It's a part of your job" she made it clear to Mukti.

Mukti tried to explain Navya but she didn't bend. "In that case, you will be punished Dr. Navya" Mukti said strictly. "I'm ready for it but I can't go ma'am" Navya said. Mukti informs Dr. Shrivastav about it. "Let's see someone else then!" he suggested.

"Of course, we don't have a choice dad but this Navya" she said tired. "Relax Mukti, we will send someone in Navya's place, come it's getting late we should leave" he took her along with him.

Manik and Nandini were silent throughout the journey. He came home and Nandini goes in. "Nandini tum yaha! Andar aao" Nyonika invited her. "I know Manik will get you home someday and say maa meri biwi hai but itni jaldi expected nahi kiya" she said without any pause.

"Maa, you need a lady doctor so I brought her home" Manik said and Nandini got uncomfortable at Nyonika's comment. Manik got water for her.

"Arre maine aaj gulab jamun banaya, wait I will get it for you" Nyonika said and got up. "You just got discharged and you made it! I told you not to cook na" he narrowed his eyes at his mom.

"But I can't wait till you come and cook, I was hungry so I made it" she went into the kitchen and came out with a bowl. She gave it to Nandini but she denied. Nyonika constantly insisted her to eat. Manik, who was watching both of them spoke finally.

"Mom don't force her, she wants desserts to be spicy and we make it sweet, maybe that's why she is not eating" Nandini looked embarassed at his comment. "Take it Nandini please mere liye" she asked again. Nandini finally agreed to eat it.

"Bahut acha banaya aap ne" she complimented her. "Manik ho tho isse acha bana leta" she pointed at Manik. "Mom, injection ka time ho gaya" he reminded her. Nandini gave an injection while Manik waited outside. Mukti called him to inform Navya is not coming to the medical camp, she also told him that someone should replace her.

"Oh but who will it be?" he asked her. "Nandini maybe" she told him. He thought for a minute and asked Mukti if she can help him in arranging a nurse for his mom. She said that she will help him. Nandini came out and she took her bag to leave.

"I will drop you home, come" he offered her. "It's okay sir I will go on my own" she said. "Nandini, it's okay I will drop you" he said as it is late. "Aunty slept already so she will not see, I will take a cab" she said.

"Why you have to act like you know everything? Every single time? Can't you act normal" he asked. "Maybe but I don't know why we always end up fighting" she sighed. There's no energy left in her to argue with him.

"Then you must check your phone, you might have got an official mail from the hospital for the medical camp". She checked the mail and found one from the hospital. "All of a sudden! No one informed me" she looked puzzled.

"Don't worry I will be there to give you many reasons" she's surprised to see Manik talking to her normally but it didn't take a minute for him to prove her wrong. "For being scared of me" he added.

"What!" she asked. "You are not listening to me at all, don't forget that I'm your senior, you should be scared of me" he told her. "I'm leaving bye" she said. "Don't blame me now" he said.

"For what?" she asked but he didn't wait to drag her and made her sit in the car. "You must be loving my car, whenever I put you in it you'll be silent" he sat in the driver seat and drove her to her place. Nandini got down and found that it is very dark outside.

"Kya hua dar gayi?" he asked while she startled. "Tumhare shakal se pata chal raha hai ki tum dar gayi" he said following her. "No. I'm not scared you please go out from here" she said. "Ha jaunga, tumhare ghar aake carrot halwa khaane ka mood tho bilkul nahi hai" he said with a sarcastic smile plastered on his face.