Manik Loves Nandini

Manik is confused. "What is that recipe mom asked for?" he asked Mr. Murthy. "Wo tum ghar jaake apne maa se puchna" he gawked at Manik. Manik and Alya left from there. "Ye recipe and all, what's all this Manik?" she asked him. "I don't know and Nandini bhi yaha nahi hai, she would have helped me" Manik said to Alya. "Chalo main tumhe ghar drop karunga" they started off. Manik was silent for a while and Alya asked him to stop the car.

"What? Why did you ask me to stop?" Manik asked her. "Ice-cream!" she showed an ice-cream parlor. They went in. "Two choco chip ice-cream" she ordered. "No, only one and get a fruit flavored ice cream for me" he said to the waiter. "But chocolate tumhara favorite flavor tha na" she asked him. "Ha but I'm not interested anymore, I like trying new flavors now" he added. "Kitna kuch badal gaye na Manik" she asked. "Change is inevitable Alya, even I'm trying to explain you that. You are constantly saying that everything changed, but the reality is I'm changed. Yes Alya, I was scared of the change back then, but now kuch bhi change hone se mujhe kuch farak nahi padta" he said.

************************************************

Nandini went to meet Nyonika. "Aaj tumhara shift jaldi khatam ho gayi?" Nyonika asked Nandini. "Ha aunty" Nandini greeted Shrikant. "You've called me here aunty, is everything okay?" she asked her. "Yes Nandini of course, its just about you and Manik" she said with a little hesitation. "Dekho Nandini, Manik is kind of shy type wo apna feelings kabhi nahi batayega, he wont tell anything. But hume uski fikar ho rahi hai" Nyonika said holding Nandini's hand. "Nyonika, did you hear what you just said! You sounded like Manik has some disease" Shrikant cracked a joke to make the atmosphere lighter. "Aunty, its okay. You can tell me anything" Nandini assured her as she found Nyonika's hand trembling. "Nandini, I don't know tum kaise react karogi but I need to tell this to you" Nandini's curiosity rose. "Maine tumhe Manik ke liye chuna hai, but you didn't approve him then, phir Siddharth ka confusion hua hai, but can I have a hope again Nandini? Kya tum Manik se shaadi karogi?" Nandini definitely hadn't expected this.

Nyonika was tensed when she didn't get any reply. "Tum chahe tho phir se mana kar sakti ho beta, we wont force you" Shrikant said suddenly. "Ha of course we don't want to pressurize you" Nyonika added. "Nahi aunty aise koi baat nahi hai" Nandini managed to say out of shock. "I can understand what's going on in your mind Nandini. Tum ek doctor ho, I know tumhare schedules kitna busy hote hai, I've seen Manik and we will understand in future too. Manik khud bhi bahut busy rehta hai" she said. Aur tumhara chacha chachi bhi unhe pasand karte hai, I know wo tumhe khush rakega. Main saas banke nahi tumhari maa ban kar tere khayal rakhungi" Nyonika said with tears. "Aunty, I know you. You and uncle are the best anyone could ask for. And Manik is nice guy, he is talented, good looking and is an inspiration to interns to like me. But I don't know wo mere baare mein kya sochta hai. I don't even know how will he react to this" she said. "Agar wo ha bol diya tho tum ha bolegi?" Nyonika asked. "Pehle unhe bolne tho dijiye aunty" she said to calm down Nyonika's curiosity.

"This is not fair beta, everyone says ladies first" Shrikant said. "Aap rehne do, ghar mein auratein sabke khaane ke baad khaate hai" Nyonika clean bowled him. "What if Manik also said the same thing? What if he also says Pehle Nandini ko bolne do" Shrikant had a point. "Aap logo ne Manik se nahi poocha?" she asked them. "Nahi, hum Pehle tum se confirm karke usse poochenge" Nyonika didn't say that her chacha and chachi had called Manik just like they called her. "Tum Manik ko reject kiya na, so we thought we should ask you first" Nyonika said. "So tell me, would you say yes if Manik says yes?" Shrikant asked. "No" she said without a second thought and Nyonika is disappointed. "Its okay beta, we understand" he patted Nyonika to cool her down.

"Aunty, main abhi shaadi nahi kar sakti, I want to get over with my internship first. Kya aap mere liye ek saal wait karenge?" she asked and Nyonika is happy to hear. "Did you actually said yes Nandini?" Nyonika is overjoyed. "Hum itna surprised kyu ho rahe hai? We expected this Nyonika" Shrikant brought sweets. "Lets just celebrate it" he gave sweets to them. "Aunty mujhe kisi kaam ke liye baahr jana hai, shall I leave now?" she asked. "Haa bilkul jaa sakti ho" Nandini is about to leave and Nyonika called her. "Aunty nahi mujhe maa kehna" she hugged Nandini. "Hey let me just capture this happy moment" he took few pictures of Nyonika, Nandini and himself. They bid bye to Nandini and wanted to inform Murthy's about the same.