Deep Edges

"What? Mukti!" Abhimanyu asked Manik, "Come on, I know Mukti from 2 years and upto 7 months I didn't knew that she is Dr. Shrivastav's daughter" he added.

"Exactly baaki ladkiyon ko tum easily pata sakte ho so let's see how you will make Mukti fall for you! Are you in?" Manik made sure that Abhimanyu will agree.

"OK done, what will I get if I win the bet?" Abhimanyu's eyes sparkled. "Hello, wo kisi aur nahi Mukti hai so be careful" Manik asked him for one last time.

"Ek baar ha keh diya tho peeche nahi jaunga so tell me what if I win the bet!  What if I make Mukti go head over heels for me?" Abhimanyu asked.

"What do you want?"

"Promise me that you'll send me on a date with Nandini" Manik choked as Abhimanyu mentioned her.

"Isme Nandini beech mein kaise aa gayi! Why will I send you on a date with her" Manik glared.

"Soch lo if aunty gets to know that you've bet Nandini, what will she do?" Abhimanyu threatened him.

"So tum back out karne ke reason dhoond rahe ho! Firstly why will I bet on Nandini wo bhi tumse, she is not even mine, how could I do that!" Manik said.

"Then wo kiski hai agar tumhara nahi ho tho" Abhimanyu threw a stone in the dark and it hit at the right spot on Manik, "Shayad Aryaman ka hogi, usse ghar drop karne ke liye mujhse fight bhi karega wo".

"Oh Manik Malhotra is jealous! By the way, nice observation, you keep a record of the ones' who pick up and drop her" he teased.

"Aisa koi baat nahi hai that Aryaman he thinks that I'm troubling her so he will always try to find a reason to start a fight. Who does he think he is!" Abhimanyu tried calm him down. 

Mukti called Nandini. "Good morning ma'am" Nandini greeted her. Mukti doesn't reply her and Nandini is astonished by her behavior. She glanced at Mukti. "Ma'am, you've called me" Nandini said.

"Look at yourself Nandini" Mukti said Nandini while she stands there clueless. "Ma'am?" Nandini tried to compose what she is saying about while Mukti is busy in her work. "Your nails, are you planning to do surgeries with them, tum tho badi artist ban gayi, concentrate on your work rather than the useless things, doctor hone ki wajhe se kuch sacrifices karna padta hai"

Mukti adviced her and Nandini apologized her. "Ma'am reception mein koi nuisance kar raha hai" nurse informed Mukti. She goes to the reception while Nandini followed her.

"Kya hua?" Mukti asked. "I know all your tactics, she is my daughter kal uska dance show ka finale hai, rehearsal time pe ye ghir gayi, these doctors are saying that she needed surgery, I know you will do all this for cheap publicity and easy money" Prakash accused at the reception.

"Dekhiye hum aise nahi karte, if our doctors had told like that, there must be really some problem, Dr. Aryaman what is it?" Mukti asked Aryaman.

"Ma'am, it's not just a simple injury usko bahut gehri chot lagi hai, she can't even move her leg and here he is shouting at us to treat her so that she performs at the finale event" Aryaman told her.

"That's it, she needs proper treatment and surgery, she won't be able to dance" Mukti declared to him. "How much you have taken from the other party? Tell me I will pay you double the amount, treat her" Prakash accused Mukti.

"What? Aap kuch bhi bole jaa rahe ho" Mukti said unbelievingly. "I will take my daughter to another hospital, I know how to get her treatment done" he called someone.

"Of course you can do that, but don't come to us after the situation goes out of hand" Mukti warned him and asked the crowd to disperse. Prakash apologize to her and admits his daughter.