Alya had no hopes

It started raining heavily. "Normal hi tho hai hum" Manik said without looking at her. "I know you would skip this, but I'm not ready to hear it anymore. Jab tak aap kuch nahi bolenge tab tak main car mein wapas nahi aaungi" she said opening the door. "Nandini, don't go, its raining" she didn't listen to him and got out. Nandini wanted to dance as the rain drops touched her face. She smiled and enjoyed herself. "Nandini, please get in" Manik pleaded her. "You asked me why I was keen in getting in your car na, this is the reason" she said to him. "Matlab?" he asked. "Obviously, main kisi cab driver ko rok ke aise baarish mein jaa sakti hu kya?" she said. "Tho baarish mein bheegne ka plan already tha, then why did you say that Jab tak mein kuch nahi bolunga tab tak tum car mein wapas nahi aaogi?" he asked her.

"Yes, baarish mein bheegna was in my to-do list but I want you to answer me, and not until then we can move from here" she said. "Manik, come out, its so much fun here" she forced him to come out. He had to come for her. "Dekha, kitna acha hai na!" she asked him excited. "Ha" he said plainly. "Aaj kya Abhimanyu sir ke engagement ko dekhke aapke engagement ki yaad aa gayi?" she asked him. "What? No" Manik said genuinely. "Tum ye kyu pooch rahi ho?" he asked her. "Kuch nahi aise hi, Alya ne bataya that she remembered her engagement, she became emotional" Nandini said. "Hmm, aaya hoga" Manik didn't say anything more than that. "Tho aap ko kuch yaad kyu nahi aaya?" Nandini insisted that he should comment on it. "Kyu? Yaad aana zaruri nahi na, aur tumhare hisaab se tho main aur Alya kabhi pyaar kiya hi nahi na?" he said and Nandini remembered saying it.

"Ha, but how could you trust me, dil tumhara tha, pyaar tumhara tha, tho maine aise hi kuch bol diya, aur aap maan gaye?" Nandini asked. "I trust you Nandini, agar tumko aisa laga tho shayad aisa hi tha" Manik said. "Nandini, I never thought we're abnormal. If everything isn't normal between us, we wouldn't have stand like in the rain to discuss all these" Nandini stopped and looked at him. "Listen, we fight, we accuse each other but in the end we are with each other, because you know Manik ki gussa asal mein gussa nahi ek water bubble hai jo zyada der thak nahi rehta and I know Nandini ki ye behavior uska mood swings par depend karta hai" Nandini thought about what he said. "And you always scold me for anything and everything?" she asked looking into his eyes.

"You remember scoldings but don't you remember the time we spent together" Manik held her hand in his and looked into her eyes. "Nandini, you and me, hum dono aaj tak kisi se bhi aise nahi behave kar liya hoga, jaise hum ek dusre saath karte hai. When we are with each of us, we act different, in every way possible, we were never abnormal, baat tho sahi hai hum normal nahi hai, kyunki hum ek dusre ke liye bahut special hai" Manik came forward towards her and looked into her eyes. He looked at her like he had never watched her before this. Nandini had millions of feelings piled up inside her and couldn't react. Manik waited for her to say something but was shocked when she hugged him. He didn't expect it from her. She snuggled into him and felt warmth in his arms. He hugged her back and he embraced her. He kissed her on forehead and she moved close to him.

******************************************************

Navya was left in the rain throughout the night. She shivered and waited for her dad to open the door for her. Her father got drunk and fell asleep not even remembering her. He got up and saw Navya in front of his gate. He went near her. "Why are you standing here like this? Did you just born to insult me in front of everyone. Go now" he said. Navya walked inside. "Main Andar nahi baahar jaane ki baat kar raha hu, get out of my house" he said sternly. "Papa, please mujhe andar jaane dijiye, I beg you" Navya pleaded him and he had to agree as everyone was watching him. Navya gets inside the house and cooks breakfast and lunch for him. She gets ready for hospital and asked him to have breakfast and lunch on time. "Ha, main time se kha lunga, tum time se aana seekho aur tumhara ye night shifts uss ghar mein chal rahe honge but idhar nahi chalega" he warned her.