Desperate Move

Mukti and Ishitha are to be discharged by the evening. "Abhimanyu, I think you also should go home, tum bhi humare saath yahi reh gaya. You need rest" Raman said. "No sir, I'll take leave when needed, you and Mukti will not be here. Manik will also be alone here, I can manage here" Abhi says and Raman agrees. "Abhimanyu, you should have taken leave" Mukti said after Raman leaving. "Then your juniors will be left all alone with Manik" Abhi teases Mukti. "Don't worry, they wont trouble their seniors anymore and I will come back soon" Mukti replied him. "No, don't do that, have proper rest" Abhi said signing her discharge sheets. Raman takes Ishitha and Mukti home. "Dad, hum idhar kaha jaa rahe hai?" Mukti asked Raman. "Ishitha ko ghar chod raha hu Mukti, then we will go home" Raman said driving. "Stop the car dad!" Mukti said. He stopped the car and looked at her. "Why are we still going to live separately? I want to live with both of you, I want you, mom, me and Ruhi to be together" she said.

"But Mukti.." Mukti interrupted Ishitha. "Maa, please I don't want Ruhi live a life that I lead in my childhood, atleast Ruhi ke liye" Mukti asked Ishitha. "Jaisi maa vaisi beti" Raman murmured. "Kya bola Raman?" Ishitha asked. "See Mukti, I have already asked her but she denied and now you told her she agreed, and now see she is even scaring me" Raman acted as if he is scared. They all smiled whole hearted and reached home. Mukti helped Ishitha in settling at home and asked Ruhi to stay in her room. Ishitha and Raman are happy to see their daughters.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * ** * * * * * *

Navya's father had been stable and Cabir informed the same to Manik. "That's good" Manik said to Cabir and Navya barged in. "Sir, Cabir" she said panting. "Navya, is everything alright?" Manik asked her. "Papa ko hosh aaya" she said and they ran to him. They saw him looking at them. "Papa, kaise hai aap?" Navya asked him. "Beta Navya, main theek hu, I'm glad that you have forgave me" he said and Navya had tears in her eyes. "Sir, please take rest, you should rest now" Manik said. "No doctor, I have Dr. Navya by my side and she will not let anything happen to me" he said proudly. "Phir bhi, you should take rest and Navya will be here to look after you" Manik tried to convince him to get treated. "Navya, maa kaha hai beta? She must be feeling sad to look at me in this condition" he said.

Navya didn't understand what to say when her father kept asking about her mother. "Maa, mandir gayi hai, puja karne ke liye" she lied to him. "Acha, she is innocent Navya. She doesn't know that only doctor can save me but she went to god to pray for me" he said and Navya couldn't control her tears hearing her father. "Navya beta, kyu ro rahi ho? Kuch hua?" he asked. "No sir, she is sad because you were not stable all these days" Cabir tried to cover her up. "No Navya, please don't cry" he said and Manik asked him to take rest. Navya gave an injection and they came out. "Acha hua Navya, tumne kuch nahi bola, he isn't ready for the news now, we'll tell him slowly" Navya nodded and Manik left from there.

* * * * * * ** * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Nandini is about sign off for the day and saw few people. "Doctor, inhe please bacha lijiye, accident hua hai" she saw a man dripping with blood. She checked him with her stethoscope and checked her pulse. Stella, the head nurse came there, "Dr. Nandini, iss waqt sirf Dr. Manik and Dr. Abhimanyu hai yaha, you should take care until they come here" Stella asked ward boy to call one of them. Nandini panics seeing many people there. "Ye shehar ki mahshoor politician hai Dr. Nandini and please don't panic, Dr. Mukti aise cases mein shock deti thi" Stella soon gets the apparatus. "Ok" Nandini gets ready to shock him. "Doctor, shock him between 100 and 200, not beyond that" Stella said.

"Ok ready, shocking 100" Nandini shocks him. "Flat line doctor" Stella read it on monitor. "Get ready again, shocking 200" Nandini shocked him again and saw a flatline again. "What's the non-sense here, your doctors seem to learn treating here on him" someone from the crowd accused Nandini as she hesitated to shock him. "Dekhiye sir, patient is already dead, doctor ye check rahi hai ki is by chance he is alive" Stella said them. "Wah, firstly you act like you are treating already dead man and then you'll say he is dead, this is your daily business" they accused.