The Future Reader

"Aap kya keh rahe hai! Ye sach nahi hai" Aryaman shouted. He lost his temper on hearing him. "Jis dis main galat bolunga samjho ussi din main mar jaunga" Mr. Sharma said. "Aryaman, I told you it's not right to ask him phir bhi tu ne zid kiya" Cabir said. "Let's take Sanju to her ward" Navya said to Aryaman.

**********************************************
"Ghar Chalein?" Manik asked Nandini. "I wish this moment stand still" she said. "Par chachi kya bolunga main late aane ka reason!" Manik said as he stood up to leave. "You are so unromantic" Nandini said hopelessly. "So you wish to see how I want to romance you, hmm!" he asked coming near her. "No, not now abhi hume ghar chalna hai remember you said that" she said to him. He drove her back home.

Manik went home. He felt contended with Nandini. He dialled Nandini's number on his phone but is surprised to receive a call from her. "Nandini, tum ab tak soyi nahi?" he asked her. "I can't sleep tonight Manik, you're the most special person in my life" she said. "Ab se har din humare liye special hi hoga, aur main aaj raat achese so jaunga" he said. "I can't sleep here and you are saying you will have a sound sleep!" she asked him. "Because ab mere baare mein sochne ke liye tum ho na aur main neend main bhi tumhe nahi bhoolunga" he replied. "So, good night" she said before cutting the call. "Sweet dreams" he said and cut the call.

Manik had thought of visiting Alya in the morning before going to hospital. He knocked on the door and is shocked to see Sonya when she opened the door. "Manik!" she dragged his name. His facial expressions changed as he saw her. "So good to see you after so long" she said.

"Alya, did she woke up?" Manik asked her. "Well, she is getting ready to go to hospital now" she said. "She should have taken rest for one more day" Manik suggested. "No Manik, I'm fine now, I can't stay idle at home" Alya said coming there. "Yes, she is right" Sonya said. "Sorry di, you've come to me after so long and I'm going to hospital leaving you" Alya said. "It's not a problem Alya, you go" she said. "Alya, I think you should not drive, you go with Manik" Sonya suggested. "Nahi mujhe kuch kaam hai, main thoda late jaunga, and Alya maine tumhare liye ek driver ko appoint kiya, he'll drop you, I've come to tell this to you" Manik said. "It's OK, main chali jaungi, bye" Alya left after saying that.

Manik followed till the car. Sonya also came out to bid bye to them. "Tum bhi jao Manik, I will manage with the driver" Alya said. "Yeah I think I've forgot keys inside, I'll go and get them, you go" Manik had sent her. He turned back to see Sonya. "I want to talk to you" Manik said plainly. "Sure mujhe bhi tumse baat karni hai, itne saal jo ho gaye" she said.

"2 years passed but Alya tumhe bhula nahi paa rahi hai" Sonya said as she sat. "Listen Alya abhi depression main hai, she needs medical support and she needs your love and care" Manik said. "And I hope you know who is the reason for her depression" Sonya said. "Jab problem mere wajhe se create hua tho main hi solve karunga" Manik said. "Kya karoge tum? Alya se pyaar?" she asked sternly.

"No, we can't be together anymore" Manik said without waiting a second. "Surprising Jis Manik ko main jaanti wo Alya se dhoor hi nahi reh paaya, but it's good that you've learnt to live without her" she said. "Now that I've learnt it, I want to teach Alya how to live without me too" he said. "Why are you doing that? Why do you even care about her?" she asked him. "Because Alya is my best friend too Humari relationship toota hai, friendship nahi" he said. "Its good then, tum mujhse kuch aur baat karna chahthe ho?" she asked. "Yes, I need your help in treating Alya" Manik asked her. "Yeah I'll do whatever you say if Alya is benefitted" Sonya said smiling. "I'll take your leave then" Manik stood up to leave from there but Sonya insisted to have something. "No I don't want anything now, jab chahunga tab main khud leke jaunga" she shrugged as he left saying that.

Nandini meets Alya in the common room. "Hey Alya, how are you?" Nandini greeted her. "I'm fine" she replied. "Have you been somewhere?" Cabir asked her. "I mean you have taken a leave for 2 days" he clarified. "No, I wasn't keeping well so I took leave" Alya said dryly. Nandini observed Alya when she talked. "Girls, main duty pe jaa raha hu tumhe kuch chahiye?" Cabir asked while they denied him.