Ugly Secrets

Mukti shouted at him and left from there shocking Abhimanyu. "Wrong move Abhi" he sighed and went back to work. Manik came to hospital and searched everywhere for Nandini. He thought of calling her if she is fine but saw her with her friends. He felt relaxed seeing her normal.

"Tum theek ho na Nandini" Navya asked her. "Yeah kal raat jab maine Aryaman se baat kiya he told me that you are not well" Cabir said having a sip of coffee. "Ah, I'm fine Cabir, but where is Aryaman?" she asked him.

"Pata nahi he messaged me that he will be late and when I called him back call lag hi nahi raha" he sighed. A nurse came there. "Dr. Navya and Dr. Nandini, Dr. Mukti is calling you both" Navya and Nandini rushed as they heard it. "Good morning ma'am" Navya wished her.

"Ho gaya aap dono ka picnic!" Mukti screamed in her bad mood. "Ma'am wo" Nandini tried to talk but cut off by Mukti. "Kitni baar bola tha maine ki work ke time pe sirf work karne ko! No hangouts during work hours, chalo let's get back to work" they followed Mukti as she walked. They entered to see a patient.

"Dr. Navya, case details" Mukti asked Navya. "Ma'am, patient name is Mr. Iyer, presented to us with the complaint of acute pain at various sites of body" Navya said as she gave the case file to Mukti.

"Hum bahut doctors ko dikhaya par koi kuch kar nahi paaya" Mrs. Iyer said weeping. "Diagnose nahi hua matlab problem kisiko problem mil nahi raha hai, it's not that he is OK we will do our best" Mukti came out with Navya and Nandini.

"Ma'am the pain seems to be peculiar" Nandini said. "Yes, get his CT scan, MRI and all other tests done" Mukti ordered both of them and walked towards the reception. She saw Stella holding an award. "What's it Stella?" Mukti enquired. "This is for Dr. Abhimanyu ma'am, they told us that he didn't attend the award ceremony last night" Stella said.

"Tho wo kal raat award ceremony cancel karke mere saath kyu aaya tha!" Mukti wondered. Stella asked someone to keep the shield in Abhimanyu's cabin. "You could have called him to take it from here" Mukti said. "We tried calling ma'am but his phone is not reachable" Mukti felt guilty for shouting on him.

Nandini and Navya submitted Iyer's report to Mukti. "Any progress doctors ?" Mukti asked. "As I said the pain is real peculiar, patient complains about pain illogically. He says that he got pain in his hands which passes on to his legs and spread throughout the body" Nandini said. "MRI?" Mukti asked. "None ma'am" Navya said.

"Any previous history of pain earlier to this?" she asked for all other possibilities. "Thankfully no" Nandini said. "that's an interesting neuro case indeed we'll see" Mukti sighed. Mr. Iyer complained Nandini and Navya that he wants to die as he couldn't tolerate the pain. "Mumma please papa agar marna chahta hai tho marne do, I can't see him in pain" his son cried.

"See doctor, my son loves his father a lot" she cried too. "Please take the kid out of here, we are trying our best to cure him, past mein pain killers zyada use karne ke wajhe se kuch pain killers kaam nahi kar raha hai" Nandini told her to leave.

Nandini and Navya came to common room. "Ye case tho mystery jaise ho gaya ek puzzle ki tarah" Navya sighed as she thought about the case. "Ye puzzle nahi satyanash ho gaya, Navya looked at it" Nandini's eyes widen in shock and Cabir too joined them.

"My God, ye kisne kiya hoga" Cabir added to Nandini. They saw a picture of Alya with a caption which read "Pleasure Guaranteed".

 They saw a picture of Alya with a caption which read "Pleasure Guaranteed"

They saw many posters of same picture everywhere in the room. They collected a few posters from the ground. They saw many pasted on walls and in the lift. "Alya kaha hai?" Navya asked. "Pata nahi" Cabir told her.

"Guys, I've heard that aaj uska after shift hai" Nandini remembered. "Oh God, let's clean before she see it" Navya said removing few posters. "It's too late Navya, she might be hear any time, hurry up" he said as it is time for afternoon shift.

"Ek kaam karte hai, you divert Alya until then we'll clean the mess" Nandini suggested. "What! Me? No ways" he denied. "Cabir please" Nandini pouted and he had to agree. "OK but sooner" he went down and saw Alya.

"Hey Alya" he called her before she got into the lift. "What?" she asked arrogantly. "Kaisa raha tumhara medical camp? Did you miss me, I mean did you miss us?" he didn't understood what to talk. "Can we have a cup of coffee?" he asked her while his eyes are all set away from her. "Are you insane? Did you forget the slap, move away" she snapped at him.

"Hey Alya" Nandini called her this time. "Can you suggest me the best lip shade, I've lately noticed that you have a good fashion sense" she blabbered. "I know about my choice but it doesn't go well with bhenjis like you" before they could stop her, she went to the lift and opened it.

"Hola! Gayi bhains paani mein" Cabir held his head with hands. "Shit! We couldn't stop her" Nandini sighed and saw Manik coming their way. Alya is shocked to see her posters pasted all over the walls of the lift. She took a few in her hand.

"How dare you" she glared at Nandini and Cabir. "I swear I will not leave you" she screamed. "What's happening here?" Mukti came there and Alya showed the posters to Mukti.
"What the hell? Do you think this is a hospital?" Mukti yelled.

"Ye sab Cabir ne kiya hoga" Alya said to Mukti. "What! I didn't do that, in fact I tried to help you" Cabir said.

"Tho phir Nandini" Alya accused her. "Stop blaming me for every single reason" Nandini said. "Accept it Nandini that you did all this, tumne ye sab isliye kiya because you got punished because of me" Alya forced her.

Nandini lost her cool and raised voice against Alya. This instigated Alya and she slapped Nandini. Everything went blank for a minute. Mukti didn't dare to say anything to Alya. Manik is shocked while Navya and Cabir didn't even expect it.

"How dare you to raise hand on her?" Aryaman was the only one who dared to speak to Alya. She didn't answer him. "Ab bahut ho gaya Alya, iske baad jo hoga dekha jayega" Nandini challenged.

"Nandini, how could you do this? Didn't you even thought of her before doing this" Mukti asked Nandini. "Isme Nandini ki galti nahi hai I did this" Aryaman admitted. "What a pity! I can't even imagine how is your future going to be! You are all junior doctors not school going kids for God's sake, Dr. Aryaman, you will clean all the wards" Mukti punished him. Everyone dispersed except Alya and Aryaman.

"You've messed up Aryaman be ready for the consequences" Alya warned him. "By the way Alya, you were so hot in the pics, damn! I always thought that I have seen you somewhere but when I saw an old magazine I remembered" he smirked. Alya felt embarrassed and walked out of there.

Manik came to see Alya. "Manik, you came for me!" Alya glowed. He threw the poster on her face. "You left me for this Alya. What did you gain?" he asked with a heavy heart.

"Manik, I didn't know that they've called for this ad" Alya said. "Just shut up Alya. I loved you and you left me. Pata hai I used to wait for you that you will come back one day but you never came" his voice shaked.

"I wanted to come back but" Alya stammered. "You had an accident after that Alya" she looked at him. "I came to see you then" Manik felt sad. "But then I realized we were so far to each other that we can never be back to old days and that's when I decided that we can't be together" tears flowed down her cheeks and he couldn't resist himself from consoling her.

"Alya, I don't hate you, I'm tired of acting that I hate you, I don't want to be near you" he admitted finally. "I care for you, I worry for you but not like the way I used to, before we fell in love we were best friends remember! I want to be friends with you, please will you be my friend, a best friend that I could count" he asked her hand.

"Yes" she hugged him and a smile played on his lips. After what felt like ages he found peace.

"Doctor, there's an emergency" nurse called Mukti. "Yeah I'm coming" Mukti went to reception and saw a patient. "Kya hua?" Mukti asked Stella. "Accident case ma'am" she replied.

"Ma'am, this is Dr. Abhimanyu" nurse called Mukti.