Shot through the heart

The date was March 1st, 1981 in New York City. People of all backgrounds filled the asphalt jungle, the dreams of the people almost spilling over the edges like a waterfall, the towering structures brushing the clouds. As the sunrise seeps through the window of Christiana's apartment, the coated walls glowing with the light of a new day. Chrissie all astir as her alarm blared through her ears, she jolted up slapping the alarm off. She jumped out of bed excited to start her first day in New York, skipping to her record player and placing the needle down (Queen-Another one bites the dust) tickling her eardrums. Spinning to the music, she glances at her calendar on the wall, seeing today is the day she and her best friend lizzie will be meeting up at a local bar. Chrissie has just moved back to New York and hasn't seen Lizzie for a while. 

Across the concrete jungle in a crammed apartment lay Jon bon jovi face down in a deep slumber, His fluffy mane smothering his face while he slept. He jolted awake when his alarm blared through his eardrums. He works really long hours at the famous power station in New York as a gofer but today is his day off. He usually heads back home to New Jersey on a weekend to see his family but tonight he's going to a local bar with some of his friends from Aerosmith while they're in town recording their album. He's been working so hard to get record companies to hear his demos but so far with no success. 

Later that day, while in the bustling city, the deafening sound of angry cab drivers whizzing through traffic and the hint aroma of hot dogs and pizza filled the air. An excited Chrissie and lizzie bounced along the vibrant street {I need a cool outfit for tonight} she thought to herself as she stumbled through a crowd when she spotted a small clothing shop. Dragging lizzie towards the shop like a ragdoll, she shouted over the crowds "come on lizzie lets look here, we'll definitely find an outfit in here". After a while of trying on different outfits, they decided on what to buy. Now that's done, an exhausted Chrissie and lizzie strolled into a coffee shop before heading back to get ready for tonight. "I'm so excited for tonight, It's been a while since we've had a night out" Chrissie spat out between sips, lizzie putting her mug down "mmmm" as she sipped her coffee "I know, me too and well it's the first of many nights out", clapping her hands down on the table, her eyes widening "We might even meet some cute guys" Chrissie exclaimed. "I hope so" lizzie replied with a smile.

 Back at Chrissie's apartment, the best friends fumbled around the room with their new clothes. Chrissie slid her feet into her new cherry coloured mini dress with thin straps and her heels. She put on light makeup as it wasn't her kind of thing. Giving her friend a twirl "does this dress look alright without a bra?" she asked while looking down at her well-endowed chest, lizzies' eyes widened, blinking a few times "you look hot Chris!" she scoffed in amazement. "thankyou, you do too lizzie" she laughed. Looking at the time, it read 6pm "okay we better go now, I want to get there a little earlier so we can order drinks, before it gets too busy".

Chrissie's POV

We arrived at the bar at 6.15, we headed for the entrance, my curly locks blowing in the light wind. As we got closer, I saw a large bodyguard at the door. Just as we were going to enter the bodyguard raised his hand up to stop us "sorry ladies, you got some ID?" I smile up at him and ruffle through my purse "Sure, here you go" handing him my ID, he snatched it from me, analysing everything on it in great depth then looking at me to confirm. He handed it back to me and then Lizzie did the same thing "Alright, head on in ladies" nodding for us to go in. We trot past him, the click of our heels being drowned out by the blaring music. The cool night air being cut off as we enter the dim, stuffy bar. We trot along towards the bar, laughing and giggling at each others jokes, it's been so long since I've had a good laugh. We jumped up onto the towering bar stools and waited to be served. As she's chatting away, my mind is wandering away, thinking about Jon and what he's doing right now. After that phone call, he called me everyday and I just ignored the phone until eventually two weeks later, I answered. The fact that he never stopped for a minute to try and get me to talk really warmed my heart. We haven't seen each other since but he has desperately tried to. The more I think about him, the more I really want to see him, to feel him close to me.