A magical Christmas

December 1984 / New Jersey

Jon's POV 

it's a week before Christmas and It's always been a little hard for Chrissie, not having her mom and brother with her. The whole band are pretty much broke, so Chrissie has to buy everyone presents, even the band, which I feel really bad about, I told her she didn't have to but she wasn't hearing any of it. My Mom and Chrissie has spent a lot of time getting things ready for Christmas, a few times they have dragged me out shopping with them. I don't know how much help I was but I just tagged along to make them happy. But I did manage to find the present for Chrissie that I had been looking everywhere for. 

Christmas eve, Chrissie has drove around for about an hour, dropping off the presents for all the guys, she was nearly blue in the face by the time she got home. We spent the rest of the day with the family, just laughing and playing some card games and of course alcohol. Her dad drove through and is staying here for Christmas. Although I tried to look for it, I couldn't find my present anywhere, she did well at hiding it. My mom turned on the radio and when she wasn't looking I turned the volume right up when Bruce Springsteen- Burn in the USA came on. Out of the blue I heard Chrissie say "Would you like to dance John?" I was so confused because she knows I don't dance and I was just about to open my mouth to say 'No' when my dad cut in. "I would love to dance" My head whipped round to see my dad grabbing Chrissie by the hand and taking her to the centre of the room where the most space is. She wrapped one arm around his neck while the other grasped his hand. I couldn't help but smile as I watched them dance around the room. I quickly grabbed my camera and took a photo of him leaning her back and a short video of them dancing together. As the song transitioned into Roy Orbison- Pretty Woman , he spun her around on the spot a few times. "Been a while since I danced I'll tell ya" My dad pronounced while pointing to himself. We all laughed in response. My mom then piped up "We've known you a few years now Chrissie but we still haven't heard this beautiful voice of yours" looking to Chrissie with a gentle smile "Oh please sing something for us" My dad then adding in to the conversation with excitement, Chrissie laughed nervously "Ma, Dad please...You don't have to babe" rubbing her hand softly with a smile. "It's alright....How about a nice Christmas song?" She smiled back to me before quizzing my parents on what they'd like to hear. "Anything you want honey" My dad clapping his hands, eager to hear her. 

She stood up and walked over near the fireplace, facing all of us, taking a deep breath before starting. "I'm dreaming........Of a white....Christmas....." Her soft gentle melody circling the room. Every bodies eyes widened in shock, I leaned forward in my seat, drawn to her like a magnet. Her dad was simply smiling up at her, as if it is normal, I know she says it's a tradition for them to circle round the piano and sing songs. She continued through the song, her voice remaining soft and gentle throughout "May your days...be merry and bright.......and may all your Christmases be white...". 

The song came to an end and my family were left completely stunned by her "That was beautiful..." My mom being the first to pipe up "Sing something else for us..." My dad suggesting with his hands. "Oh...Okay..." giggling a little while she thinks of another song. "Daddy...Can you play piano while I sing?" pointing to the piano near her, "Sure Bella...What ya singing?" He leaned into her so she could whisper the song to him. He sat down at the piano and started to tickle the keys followed by the lyrics. "Love makes me treat you the way I do......Gee, baby ain't I good to you" Her sexy vocals dropping everyone's jaws. She swayed her hips while she sang with a smile on her face. Her dad was an amazing pianist, they made a great duo. " Bought you a fur coat for Christmas...A diamond ring....A big Cadillac car....And everything, It's love that makes me treat you the way I do....Gee, baby ain't I good to you" she continued through the sweet melody until it came to an end. We clapped when she finished, leaving her blushing under the lights. She sat back down next to me, I couldn't stop looking at her, she never ceases to amaze me. We spent the rest of the night, chatting away until Chrissie and I started getting tired.