New Jersey: Day 1

April 11th 

Chrissie's POV 

We pulled into his parents house, It was a decent size house with a garden. I grabbed my bag from the car and we made our way to the door.

The smell of food floating through the air, he ushered me in to the living room just as we heard the tapping of feet coming from the hallway.

All of a sudden a fluffy dog came bounding towards Jon, barking and whining as she jumped up on him. "Hey girl, heyy, Oh I missed you so much" using his baby voice to talk to the dog "Awhh she's adorable".

The sight unfolding before me was nothing short of beautiful. The fluffy puppy lapped her tongue all over his face as he scrubbed and stroked her silky fur. Her tail is wagging like a fan, showing us just how excited she is to see him and judging by the playful grin, Jon is just as excited to see her.

A beaming smile on my face as the beautiful dog came running towards me, begging for a stroke which I gladly gave. "She's called Daisy, She's my brothers dog" his husky tones filling the air "She's beautiful Jon" giggling as the dog licked my face. "She likes you" nodding down at me as he watched daisy pounce all over my lap. 

Once Daisy was settled he began looking round the sitting room "Hey, you want some water or anything?" scratching the back of his neck nervously. "No, thankyou, that's alright" giving him a nervous smile back as I fidget with my hands, not quite knowing what to do with myself.

My eyes scan the familiar living room, my mind immediately taking me back to the night I stayed over. We sat watching horror moves most of the night until we both fell asleep, that was the last time I was here. " looks the same", "The kitchen is just through that door, just help yourself to anything you want" pointing to the doors at the other side of the room.

"Jonny? Is that you honey" A woman's voice echoed from the kitchen who I assume was his mother. She came out the kitchen, a beaming smile on her face when she laid eyes on Jon. I recognise the spark in her eyes from having seen it in my own mothers eyes before. It's the warm spark of motherly love. The look they give you that says 'I'm so proud of you and I love you so much. She walked over to him, wrapping her arms around him, pulling him for a motherly kiss and hug.

"Good to see you son" caressing his cheeks with a loving smile "Hi ma" His husky tones filling the air. She then turned to me with the same smile "And this lovely young lady must be Chrissie?".

I smiled at her and reached out my hand for her to shake "Hi, You must be Carol, It's great to meet you" before I knew it she had yanked me in for a warm embracing hug. It feels nice to be embraced like this, seeing as my own mother can't. I think the last time my mother hugged me was the morning of the accident. If I only knew that would be the very last time I'd see her.

"Where is everybody?" Jon quizzing his mother who let go of me to answer him "Well, your father is at work and your brothers are still in bed"...."You kids hungry? I've got spaghetti and meatballs cooking" looking between Jon and I. "Yeah I could eat ma" He then looked to me and I nodded swiftly, feeling the rumbling in my stomach.

After we ate, his brothers eventually woke up and came bounding downstairs. "Matt, Tony....Come meet you're brothers girlfriend" I literally choked on my food when I heard what his mother had said.

I was in a coughing fit, choking on a meatball. Jon started patting me on the back "Shit, You alright Chrissie". I was left gasping for breaths after he stopped me from choking "Ma...She's not my girlfriend..." He stated while passing my glass of water to me. "Thankyou" my voice all croaky from choking "Oh...I'm sorry" His mother laughing slightly over the mistake.