The Anniversary gift

1st November 1990 / New Jersey

Chrissie's POV

"Mmm.... babe I'm gonna be in the office with Tony for a while okay?"  Rolling over in bed to face me "Hmmm okay.... what time you want dinner?". "Ummm.... cook it for around 7..... should be back by then..." My brows furrow together with confusion "Back? ..... from where?". "Oh I mean finished..... should be finished then" I can always tell when he's lying, there's something different about his eyes when he lies and he's lying now. Instead of calling him out on it, I let it slide, thinking I'll just bring it up at dinner tonight "Alright.... well... see ya later then..... don't work too hard" Pecking him on the lips. He snickers at me as he slides out of bed, knowing fine well he never relaxes for a minute. 

I wait until I hear his feet thump down the stairs before sliding my bedside drawer open, grabbing the pregnancy test and making my way into the bathroom. I lock the door behind me just in case Jon decides to sneak back up. My heart is beating out my chest like Tico's drumming, creating a gaping hole in my chest. The nerves are boiling over like water in a pan as I sit down on the toilet seat, preparing myself. I bought 2 tests just to be on the safe side seeing as I've heard of some tests not working and getting different results so I want to be as thorough as possible.  I place the tests between my legs, focusing all my attention on releasing all the water I drank last night. 

I rest them both on the edge of the sink, turning away as I wait for the results. The deafening silence in the room making this whole situation so much worse. My last period was in October last month and when this period never arrived, I decided to wait a few weeks before getting tests, just to make sure it wasn't just late. My eyes furiously glare at the ticking clock on the wall, counting down the seconds until the results show up. 

I hesitantly glance down to the tests, both waiting patiently for my reaction. 

My heart thumps, skips and jumps and my stomach churns with nerves when I see the two little lines on both tests. My first thoughts are how I'm going to tell Jon about all this and knowing he's just downstairs is frightening. 

With my tests in hand, I make my way downstairs, stopping just outside his office. My hand grasps the door handle when I hear a loud moan muffle through the door. My mouth drops open in horror when the moans continue to grow louder and they are evidently female. My heart aches and my soul wrenches when she calls out 'Bongiovi', prompting me to burst out into tears, dropping the tests on the floor and sprinting out the front door. 

"Oh my god..... Sweetie? what's wrong?" Carol pulls me in for a warm embrace, her voice laced with concern. By the time I got to her house, I am in such a state, sobbing and desperately fighting for breaths. My whole body is trembling and shaking with heart break and fear. I've never been scared to lose Jon, but now that we have a baby coming, the thought of raising this child alone is terrifying, that's if what I heard is true and he cheated on me. Try as I might, I'm unable to utter a single word, only shaky breaths and incoherent babble pass my lips. 

"He cheated on me.... Jon.... he.... he cheated" She pulls back for a moment, taking in the news "No..... honey that's not possible.... Jonny wouldn't do that". "I heard it.... In his office" Breaking off into a loud sob "Did you actually hear Jon honey?". "I heard a woman.... call out 'Bongiovi' and she was moaning so loud" My head falls into her chest, my heart shattering into a million pieces "How could he do that? in our home". "Listen.... I think you should wait to talk to Jon about this.... I mean it could have been anyone in that room sweetie...... I do have 3 sons ya know" My head slowly pulls away, a sudden realisation hitting me "I don't wanna go back there.... not until I know". "I'll give Jonny a call.... tell him to come by.... okay?" She gently rubs my arms before leaving me to my thoughts. As my emotions continue to boil over, I curl up on the bed and sob my heart out, hoping and praying it wasn't him.