I'd die for you

2nd February 1986 

Jon's POV

A familiar deafening scream echoes through the room, drawing everyone's attention. My eyes widen with horror to see the atmosphere was plunged into complete chaos, people were running around and screaming, there were men fighting and in the dim I see Snake carrying Chrissie in his arms, her lifeless arm dangling down by her side. "SHE'S BLEEDING..... QUICKLY CALL 911!!!!" Snake shouts over to us, his expression is one of worry and panic. "WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED??? YOU WERE ONLY GONE FIVE MINUTES!!" I can feel the anger rising up in my throat, he only had one job and that was to look out for her and this happened. "There was a fight.... she got hit with a bottle" He gently places her down on our table. My hand swipes the mess of curly locks from her face to see it's smeared in blood, It's just a none stop waterfall running down her face "Oh my god.... there's so much blood". "I'll call 911!" Richie pats my shoulder before running off to make the call. 

In an attempt to find the source of the bleeding, I brush her hair around when at the top of her head, are multiple deep gashes with a slice of glass sticking out "Holy shit!!! what do we do? do we pull it out?". My fingers were grasping the glass when Dave finally speaks up with a panicked raised voice "DON'T FUCKIN TOUCH THAT GLASS!! SHE'LL BLEED OUT AND DIE!!". I do often forget that he was studying to be a doctor at college and he was actually doing really well before he left to join the band. "What do I do Dave???" My eyes desperately searching his for answers. "Move out the fuckin way" Pushing me out the way and taking charge. He pulls his shirt from his back and rolls it into a ball and applies it to the gash on her head, making sure not to touch the glass "Check her pulse". My fingers slide onto her neck, fiddling around until I feel a weak thumping against my fingers "Yeah... but It's slow". "I need you to open her eyes... see if her pupils react to the light" I do as he says and carefully lift the lid of each eye, her pupil constricts as soon as the light glares in "Yeah... what does that mean?". "It means she's alive Jon" Richie comes sprinting back over looking grey in complexion from all the blood "They're on there way... should be here any minute". 

"Jon..." A weak, faint voice draws our attention "Babe... try not to talk alright" Caressing her cheek as soft as I can. "Am I..... dying?" My heart sinks to the pit of my stomach seeing the pained look in her eyes "No... you're not dying baby... That's not gonna happen". "I can see her..." She looks straight passed me and glances up at the ceiling, which worries us "See who babe?". "Mom.... she's here" I can't bring myself to utter a single word, panic growing out of control with each passing moment "Just hold on baby... just hold on" My voice cracks under the amount of emotions. Her eyes fall shut once more, losing consciousness. 

Before we know it, we're on our way to the hospital, me in the ambulance with Chrissie while the others grab a cab. I feel bad for leaving them there but my concern right now is Chrissie. The paramedics throw a multitude of questions at me while we race to the hospital. Thankfully Chrissie doesn't know we're going to the hospital or she'd lose it, she's terrified of hospitals, can't even look at one in passing, she just cringes and looks away. I guess I'm not surprised after what she'd been through in the past. 

When we get to the hospital, the guys are all waiting there for us, how they got here before us, I will never know. They all trail along behind us as they wheel her into the hospital as fast as lightening. Unfortunately, the bumpy ride into the hospital jolted her awake, a look of panic in her eyes "Where are we?". I bite my lip, not wanting to tell her we're in the very place she's afraid of, but I certainly can't lie to her "Babe.... Everything is gonna be alright.... we're in the hospital". Her eyes widen with horror, she starts gasping with fear "NO....NO.... GET ME OUT OF HERE!!!". She attempts to climb off the bed but the paramedics quickly push her back down, making her panic even more. "Babe... just relax... I'm right here----" She ignores my words and starts screaming and screeching, desperately trying to escape their clutch. Tears start to roll down my face as I watch her in scream and panic, I've never seen her like this before, so It's all new to me. "Chrissie... I'm here..." I whimper out my words, the weight of my emotions crushing my voice. She takes no notice of my words of comfort and continues to scream, her body wriggling with desperation. They get to a set of double doors and we are all stopped by a nurse "Please.... let us help her". "JONNY PLEASE DON'T LET THEM TAKE ME!!!!" She pleads with me one last time before the doors close over. I glance through the window to see them holding her down and plunging a needle into her, not a second later, her head collapses onto the bed. "Jon.... you okay?" Richie places his hand on my shoulder, prompting me to spin round and collapse into his chest, sobbing my heart out all over him.