Slippery Tour-- I will be king

Jon's POV 10th November 1986 Sheffield UK 

I arose from my slumber, the dim light seeping through the curtains. The weather was always dank in the UK. I blinked my eyes open a few times before peeling them open properly, looking round the room in confusion. I looked down to see Chrissie snoozing away, snuggled right into my chest. She let out a big sigh and started wriggling around before looking up at me with her sleepy puppy eyes. A gentle laugh escaped my lips "Mornin.." brushing the strands of hair from her face with my fingers "Morning" Her voice all croaky, she leaned in for a peck. I was just about to open my mouth to say something when Richie burst through the door "Jonny....Come on y need to get up.....We gotta leave in 20 minutes" shouting over to me while he strolled into the room. My eyes widen in panic a tiny bit "What?.....shit.....Come on babe, get ready" I jumped out of bed so fast and ran to my suitcase, grabbing random clothes and throwing them on. Chrissie slumped out of bed, wearing nothing but my t-shirt, yawning slightly. She worked her way to her suitcase, sliding on her panties and grabbing a pair of jeans, her strapless top and the cowboy boots I bought her along with her leather jacket. 

Once we were all ready we all crammed into the car to head to the first radio interview. We surprisingly arrived on time, Chrissie sat outside the room, but could still hear the interview and see us through the window. The first part of the interview was talking about the album and pretty much messing around, joking on like a bunch of children. Then suddenly it changed, catching me off guard when he questioned me about Chrissie. "So, Jon, we've seen you with the same young lady since the beginning, tell me, who is she?" The interviewer smiling after he questions me. They always ask about every aspect of my life, no matter how personal. I glance over at Chrissie who smiled at me before continuing to read something "Uhhh....She's my girlfriend" hesitating through my words. "Ooohh and what's her name?" The interviewer leaning in, his eyes widening, clearly hoping for something juicy. "Her names Christiana.." nodding slightly with a smile, hoping he would change the subject "Does she go to the shows with you?" Which of course he didn't.  "Yeah, she does...Not to all of em...but yeah" nodding and gesturing my hands around to emphasise my point. "How does she cope with you being a big rock star....Does she get jealous of all this female attention?" I squinted my eyes a little at him, sighing in frustration but not enough for anyone to notice. "She actually keeps my feet on the ground y know? She calls my bullshit when I'm being an ass and no no, she doesn't get jealous". 

After the tediously long interviews, We made our way to sound check. I had to go to a quick meeting while the others headed to the stage to get set up.

Chrissie's POV   

I was sat on the edge of the stage, my feet dangling off while the others were setting up. Richie was messing about, jamming on his guitar "Come on Chrissie, sing somethin" I laughed nervously "Oh no, I don't think Jonny would like me to". "He's not even here, he's at the meeting remember, come on, it'll be fun" Richie nodding enthusiastically "We'll do any song you want honey" Dave exclaiming into the mic. I thought about it for a moment before jumping up and grabbing the mic, shouting random things into it a few times to make sure it was on. "Okay, Gimme Bowie-Heroes" giving the guys a nod to start. Richie started off on guitar followed by the rest of the band "I-I will be king.....and you.....you will be queen..." I softly sang the opening lyrics. I stayed in the centre of the stage, singing my heart out for the whole song. I see Richie nod to someone at the side of the stage but I ignored it, assuming it was just a crew member. It got to the middle of the song where it picks up, I was a little nervous but I closed my eyes, wrapping both hands round the mic and belted out the lyrics. I've never done anything like it before, It was nerve racking but exciting at the same time. I felt every emotion flow through my body as I worked my way through the song. The band joined in with vocals towards the end of the song. "Wow....That was amazing" Richie's expression full of shock "So what's next boss?" Dave quizzing sarcastically.