What a nightmare

10th November 1987

Chrissie's POV 

The pounding of my head ripping me from my dream, causing me to groan out in pain. My eyes far too heavy to open just yet, I shuffled my body around, my fingers pushing through what feels like sand. Confusion instantly set in, why am I lying on sand? Where even am I? How did I get here?. So many questions running round in my groggy mind, my fingers gripped the bridge of my nose. I strained in hopes of remembering what happened last night when suddenly memories flashed through my mind. I remember, we were on our second double date, having fun, we were all dancing. We had went bowling then to the bar for a drink, we finished the night completely out of our minds drunk. Pained gasps and splutters burst from my dry, cracked lips when I try to move, I hadn't broken anything seeing as I can move everything but I am so hungover that everything hurts. My face was squished up against the sand so I knew I was face down. My mind strained for more memories then suddenly that's when I remember it. Jon and I got into a fight last night, I can't even remember what it was about but I know it was something stupid and pointless. I remember screaming at him then ran off down the street. A deep feeling of dread and guilt washed over me, he looked so hurt, what have I done? he's probably done with me for good now. Finally my ears started to work again, focusing on the sounds that surrounded me. Cars were whizzing by but nobody even bothered to stop to check if I was okay. The whipping and splashing of the waves coming from behind me and the chirping of the birds above me. All of a sudden I heard a loud screech of car wheels as if someone slammed on the breaks hard. The car doors slammed shut and my heart began to race "JONNYY....SHE'S HERE!!!" I recognised the voice to be Richie's. 

The night before.....

Jon and I are screaming at each other outside the bar, or I'm mainly screaming and he's shouting the odd thing in between my outbursts. I'm so drunk, I can't even think straight and my vision is severely blurred, I'd honestly say or do anything right now but it's all utter nonsense. "YOU'REE NOT THERE FOR....ME....I'M ALWAYS THERE FOR YOU JOOONNY" Screaming out my words between sobs. "What are you talking about? who sat by your side in hospital? who's the one that looks after you, huh? oh right, yeah.... ME!!" Shouting back at me which only added to my anger. "YOU KNOW I DON'T MEAN IT LIKE THAT!! YOU'VE GOT YOUR HEAD SO FAR IN THE CLOUDS YOU DON'T SEE ME RUNNING ROUND AFTER YOU, PICKING UP THE PIECES.... YOU DON'T SEE ME CRYING AT NIGHT BECAUSE YOU'RE NOT THERE....I'VE CRIED A THOUSAND TEARS FOR YOU JONNY" Pointing at him with such anger and emotion. "You know I'm a busy guy babe, you know what you got into with me but I try to be there for you as much as I can honey but I can't be there for you every minute of the day and you know that" I know what he was saying made sense and I should agree with him then we'd make up and go home, everything would be dandy but that's not what happened. "I NEVER ASKED FOR A BABY SITTER.....YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND JONNY, YOU'LL NEVER UNDERSTAND" Screaming out my words at him. "Please baby.... Let's just go home and we can talk.... I want to ask you something" His eyes were pleading with him while he took my hand in mine, planting a soft kiss on my knuckles. It did melt my heart that he was trying but in my drunken angry state "I WOULDN'T MARRY YOU EVEN IF YOU DID ASK!!" My words spitting out like venom. A look of utter shock was plastered across his face as he dropped my hand. He looks so hurt and it did make me feel bad but before he had another chance to say anything I turned round and belted off down the street, not taking a single look back at him. I kept on running through the pitch black streets until I reached the beach. My feet stumbling across the damp sand, looking out onto the blurry waves. It was rather cold but I can't seem to feel it as much because of the alcohol. My head started to throb and my head begun to spin round in circles until I collapsed onto the sand face first.  

Jon's POV 

"CHRISSIEEE WHERE YA GOIN?!!!!!" Screaming at her as she sprints off down the street. I know I should run after her but somehow I can't bring myself to move. I'm still in shock over what she said, that I wasn't there for her? what did she mean about my head being in the clouds? and the most hurtful of it all, that she wouldn't marry me. I never knew I could feel so useless in all my life, who knew I'd be such a shitty boyfriend. I aimlessly wandered back into the bar, slumping down on a random empty seat, my head falling into my hands. "Hey kidd what's goin on? Where's Chrissie?" Richie shouting over the music while patting my shoulder. My head reluctantly lifted up from my hands, my eyes brimming with tears "She ran off..... we had an argument and she ran off.... I have no idea where she is Rich" Sniffling up my tears as I trail off. "What? What the hell were you guys arguing about? How do you not know where she is?" His lips were full of questions ready to burst out. "BECAUSE I DIDN'T GO AFTER HER!! I LET HER RUN OFF TO GOD KNOWS WHERE AND I DON'T KNOW WHERE SHE IS RICH.... SHE COULD BE FUCKING DEAD IN A DITCH SOMEWHERE FOR ALL I KNOW" My word coming out as agitated yells. A deep breath burst from my mouth "I'm sorry..." Dropping my head back into my hands. Suddenly a feeling of dread, guilt, anger, hurt and realisation hit me like a fist to the gut "I- I need to go look for her... I need to get out there". "It's alright Jon, we can help you look.... We can call the guys to help as well" Gesturing to Lizzie before looking back to me. "Yeah, Give everyone a call" Nodding my head slowly.