Swan Lake

The next couple of weeks were spent practicing and training for her audition. Sometimes Jon would come with her and watch her practice but not too often as he didn't want to disturb or distract her. The time flew by and it was the day of the audition, Chrissie was incredibly nervous but Jon certainly helped calm her down. 

Chrissie's POV 

I arose to my alarm clock, the light of the sun lighting up a new day. But today wasn't just any normal day, It was the day of my audition. Jon and I stayed at my apartment last night so I could get ready. I instantly jumped out of bed and headed for the shower, letting Jon sleep a little longer. I didn't take too long showering, I ran back to my room, dropping my towel in the laundry basket. This might be weird but I liked taking my time to get ready after showering. I enjoyed just strutting around naked. The blast of heat from my hair dryer sounded throughout the room causing Jon to groan and roll over. His eyes peeked open slightly before widening dramatically after seeing me standing at the foot of the bed naked, drying my hair. "Well this is a nice view..." His raspy morning voice tickling my ears "Well you can enjoy it from a distance, I have to get ready" He rubbed the tired from his face "What time is it?", "It's quarter to 9, my audition is for 10....You can go make some breakfast for yourself if you want?" gesturing to the door with my eyes "You want anythin to eat?" quizzing me while sitting at the edge of the bed "Umm....Do me some oatmeal and a banana" He nodded before heading off to the kitchen. I straightened my hair and tied it up into a bun, every strand of hair neatly pushed back. I slid my tights and black leotard on and grabbed a few different pairs of ballet shoes. I wanted to be fully prepared for this, I didn't want to mess up before I even get there. 

After I double check that I have everything, I sit with Jon and have my breakfast. We spent half an hour to just chatting, but the more time went on, the more nervous I became and I think he could sense it. "Heyy....I know you're nervous....But I know you're gonna do great alright....Just try and relax because if you go on that stage shy and nervous, they're gonna notice straight away" He caressed my hand lightly. Of course he was right, they want someone eye catching, not some timid girl, hiding behind everyone else. So I closed my eyes and took a few deep breaths and sure enough it worked. I looked over at the time and it was time to leave. He drove us to the place, I grabbed my things and headed to the front desk just inside. I gave them my name and they gave me my number sticker which I placed on the front of my leotard. I'm sandwiched inside a long line up of people, which they'll call a few of us in at a time. I started by doing some stretches as I have to keep my muscles warm.

 After that I thought I'd go down the line and introduce myself to the other girls. Some of them were really nice but others didn't even attempt to look interested in talking. I went back to Jon and he leaned into my ear "I think one of the judges was just out here looking at everyone" whispering at me so no one else can hear "Yeah, they judge you as soon as you enter the building pretty much, that's what a lot of people don't realise, you could fail just by doing the wrong thing while waiting for an audition" shrugging as I trail off "Geez, that's crazy" He adds with a shake of his head. When it was time to head onto the stage, everyone's family members were directed towards the seats so they could watch. 

We all walked onto the stage, the soft music echoing through the speakers and as soon as my feet touched the wood, I instantly started dancing. I felt everyone's eyes on me but I just kept going and never stopped, dancing through my routine that I created. Once that part was done, we all exited the stage and headed back to the hallway. Slowly but surely names were being called back to the stage while other names were being told to go home. It was my turn now and just when I thought I was being told to go home, He told me to head back to the stage to answer some questions. I elegantly walked onto the stage and bowed my head a little "So..." He looks down at some papers then back up to me "Christiana....Romano....What role are you auditioning for today" tapping his pen on the paper while waiting for my answer "I'm auditioning for the role of one of the white swans" trying to keep my composure. I felt like I was being dissected whilst they chatted amongst themselves before looking back at me. "Alright....We are going to offer the role of Odette to you" His words nearly caused my heart to burst from my chest but I kept my cool. I graciously accepted with a smile and thanked them, giving them a bow of my head before leaving the stage. My smile was so wide when I saw Jon at the end of the hallway. I belted down the hallway towards him, laughing and giggling all the way. I squealed with excitement when I leaped into his arms, lifting me up off the ground and spinning my around a few times. "I told you, you could do it....I'm so proud of you" giving me a peck on the lips before placing me back on the ground. "I start training on Monday for the show in December" My voice all breathy from all the excitement "Come on....Let's go celebrate" I immediately hesitated "I can't drink any alcohol babe...I have to watch what I'm eating and drinking" He grinned and laughed quietly "That's not what I had in mind" I giggle out loud while he drags me out the building towards the car.....