Auld Lang Syne

31st December 1987 New Jersey 

Chrissie's POV 

It's New Years eve and the whole family is still at Jon's parents house, including my dad. I'm so excited for tonight to watch the countdown, it's always my favourite part of New Years eve, that and spending it with family. Jon's been pretty busy this whole month, writing more songs for the new album. Today, he promised me to leave work aside and concentrate on spending time with me and his family which melted my heart. I know how much he wants to finish this album and how excited he is for it so the fact he's put it aside for one day is heart warming. He's always been a romantic but he's been extra romantic lately and I can't think why. 

We're currently at Richie's house just to chat and have a laugh for an hour or two before heading back to his parents house. Jon trots off out the room to go to the bathroom, so I take my opportunity to ask Richie for a favour "Rich Can I ask you something?". "Sure honey, anything", "Seeing as you have your guitar, Can we sing a song together?" His face lights up like a Christmas tree at my suggestion. "You got a song in mind?" , "Paul McCartney-- Mull of Kintyre" He nods his head in response before strumming his hand across the opening chords. "You start off with the singing and I'll join in" Instructing me while keeping in time with his strumming. " Mull of Kintyre, oh mist rolling in from the sea....My desire is always to be here....Oh, Mull of Kintyre" Softly singing the opening lyrics in sync with his strumming. "Far have I travelled and much have I seen....Dark distant mountains with valleys of green....Past painted deserts, the sun sets on fire....As he carries me home to the Mull of Kintyre" Richie sings out the next lyrics, he's a fan of The Beatles and all of their solo work so it's no surprise that he knows the lyrics off by heart. "Mull of Kintyre, oh mist rolling in from the sea....My desire is always to be here....Oh, Mull of Kintyre" Both our voices merge together, gently singing out the lyrics, creating a magical duet. Suddenly out of nowhere, Jon comes back in the room blowing out a tune on his harmonica in time with the strumming. "Sweep through the heather like deer in the glen....Carry me back to the days I knew then...Nights when we sang like a heavenly choir...Of the life and the times of the Mull of Kintyre" All three of us together, sing out the next lyrics, creating a choir like sound, making it all the more enchanting. 

We continue through the song, belting out the lyrics with huge smiles on our faces, swaying to the gentle melody. Jon would stop singing from time to time to blow out tunes on the harmonica. This is certainly a memory I will carry with me for the rest of my life, Richie, Jon and me duetting one of my favourite songs on New Years Eve. "What should we sing next" Richie switching his gaze between Jon and me. A loud gasp of excitement explodes from my mouth "Oh Oh... I really wanna hear you guys sing Get Back by the Beatles together" And with that, Richie plugs his electric guitar in and Jon immediately starts singing the song. I'm in my element right now, their voices together is the most amazing sound. Quickly whipping out my camera, I take a few shots of the pair of them singing together while Richie plucks the strings of his guitar. They had me dancing round the room when they sang 'Day Tripper' and 'Twist and Shout', I was nearly bouncing off the walls with excitement. Every time Jon screamed out 'Shake it up baby now' with his sexy husky vocals, I shook my ass and my boobs. Half way through the song, Jon jumped up and started dancing with me, his husky voice enticing me to shake my body. 

Jon's POV 

We're finally back home after our jam session at Richie's, which was a hell of a lot of fun and seeing Chrissie shake her tits for me was certainly worth it. We immediately ran back up to my room as soon as we got back, just to relax and have a cuddle. Her head is nuzzled right into my chest, her sweet sighs filling the silence. "So will I get my midnight kiss?" Her question bringing butterflies to my stomach. If only she knew what I have planned for her tonight, I want to drop a hint but not be too obvious but what am I supposed to say. "I'll give you everything" Whispering out my words while I tighten my grip around her. "I'm not gonna say what but I've got quite a few surprises for you next year baby" Caressing her arm lightly. Her head jolts up, a look of excitement bursting from his skin "Surprises? What surprises?". "I ain't sayin nothin else, you'll have to wait and see" .... "But next few years are gonna be different honey... for the band and for us" My eyes widening to show how serious I'm being. She nuzzles her head into my neck, her sweet sighs lifting my spirits. "I love you so much" Whispering out my words to her "I love you too Jon" Lifting her hand up to my cheek as she whispers off. Suddenly a bang on the door tears us from our moment "Hey... You kids come down for dinner" My mom's yells echoing through the door. "Come let's go" Ushering her off the bed and out the room.