Talkin in your sleep

September 1980 / New York

Christiana's POV

"Macho macho man.... I got to be... a macho man" singing out the lyrics to a random song that's stuck in my head. I'm dancing and skipping round the kitchen while drinking my juice. I'm so happy today because today is my weekly phone call with Jon, even though I just seen him on the weekend, but our phone calls are so long and we talk about so many things. "You're certainly happy today Bella" My dad's sudden presence making me flinch in shock "geez dad.... whistle next time will ya" clutching my chest to try and steady my breathing. "So come on... spill it... why you so happy.... " Cocking his bushy brow at me. "Can't your daughter just be happy... for no particular reason" Putting on the cutest pout I can muster. "Anything that makes my daughter happy... makes me happy.... so what is it?" His cocked brow not budging for a second. "Fine.... on my little vacation... I met someone.... A friend" Gently smiling up at him. "What's this friends name?" A curious expression on his face. "Jon..." , " you met.... a boy?" His eyes nearly popping out his head. "Dad he's a friend" , "Oh my god.... I knew this day would come" His large muscular hand rubbing his strained features. "Apart from Lizzie.... He's the only other person who's ever spoke to me.... since the accident..... because he doesn't know..... and I didn't wanna tell him to get lost or tell him about the accident or any of it.... for once I just wanted..... someone to be friends with..... me and not friends with me because they pity me" His large hands pull me into his warm embrace "Anyone who is friends with you out of sympathy.... isn't a real friend baby... so if you tell him and he pities you.... he's not a true friend". There is certainly wisdom in what he says but I'm not quite ready to tell Jon about any of it yet.

I spent most of the day blindly staring at the ticking clock on my bedroom wall. After a while the ticking started to ring through my mind, acting as a reminder of how much time I have left till Jon calls. Another eternity ticks by and the ringing phone blares through my bedroom. My hand can't grab the phone fast enough, it's as if I'm not even in control over my own actions. Jon has completely invaded my mind which I'm certainly not complaining about.

"Hello"

"Hey Rosy Rose... It's Jon... How are ya?"

"Oh Jon!!... I'm great... how about you?"

"I'm good yeah.... just got back from work... wanted to give you a call"

"How's it going at work?"

"I've been writing a lot of songs, just need to make some time to record a few demos... what you been up to since we hung out?"

"Nothing much to be honest, still trying to figure out what I wanna do y know? Umm a part from that.... I had dinner with my dad"

" ooooh what did ya have?"

"Spaghetti Bolognese"

"Ahh man... hope you saved me some honey"

"Oh yeah... I'm mailing it to you now"

"So uhh... I was wonderin if you wanted to hang out.... on Saturday? I could pick you up?"

"That sounds great.... sure"

"So what ya doin right now honey?"

"Oh... Just tryin on some of the new clothes I bought"

"Anythin sexy babe?"

I can't help but burst into a fit of giggles, It's a good thing he can't see my cheeks "Maybe.... shame you can't see"

"Well you could always take a photo of you lookin all sexy for me darlin?"

My attention is ripped from our conversation when my dad starts yelling through the door which I'm sure Jon could hear. "Bella!! You goin to bed now?" , "Yes daddy... goin to bed in a minute" I can literally hear Jon snickering away to himself over the phone.