The Breakup: Jon

Jon's POV 

April 1985 

 My body was completely frozen while my teary blues followed her figure down the street. My eyes struggling to see her through the fog that was my heartbreak. My heart told me I should run down the street after her but my feet wouldn't move. I could feel the lump rising in my throat, It felt like a snake was slithering through my wind pipe. My body stood there until she had disappeared from my sight but my mind and soul were shattered into a million pieces. I felt like an empty vessel as I silently walked back into the house. The band were stood in the doorway to the living room, watching me walk straight past them and stomp up the stairs to my bedroom. Everything was going in slow motion, from my movements up the stairs to the reactions of my band members. I trailed my lifeless, heartbroken body into my bedroom, just standing there for a moment. Her scent still lingered in the room along with her clothes which only made me break out into tears. My fingers slapped on the radio and Elvis Presley-- I can't help falling in love with you started playing. Every memory attached to this very song flooded my mind like a tornado, tearing up my mental state. My head found it's way into my hands where my sobs quietly muffled their way through my fingers. Suddenly a surge of anger shoots through my body, I was so angry at myself. There was so much I should have done, I should have fought for her, loved her, been a better man for her. A heart wrenching scream erupted from my lungs, It was so loud, It almost sounded like a thunder storm was going on in the room. My fists threw themselves out, punching and throwing anything I could find. My knees collapsed beneath my weight, thudding against the wood floor. My head found it's home in my bloody palms where my sobs started up again. 

Only a minute later, my band, brothers and parents were stood in the doorway, staring down at me in horror. My brothers had never seen me like this before, they were completely dumbstruck. My mother was the first to walk towards me, followed by my dad and the band. My mom's knees creaked as she bent down in front of me, lifting my head into her hands. I could barely see her face through the tears but I squeezed my eyes shut, releasing the tears onto my soaked cheeks. I tried my best to hold back the heartbreak by putting on a brave face for my mom. But her motherly love and her warm touch was too much for me and my face nearly cracked open as I yelped out a loud sob onto her shoulder. The tears were constantly flowing like a waterfall by this point, soaking her top beneath my face. I honestly didn't care that the band or my brothers saw me, I just needed to get it all out. I suddenly felt everyone's arms cage me into a warm embrace, cocooning me inside their love.      

May 1985

It has been a month since Chrissie left me and I'm still finding it really hard. My mood and my mental state isn't in the best way right now but I found my distraction in Diane Lane. Sure she's good fun to be round but I know I don't love her. I'm still very much in love with Chrissie and I honestly think she knows that. Whenever she isn't around, I throw everything I have into my shows and interviews. I spend my nights sobbing myself to sleep to the point where my pillows are soaked through. I've been sleeping with her shirt next to me as I've been having nightmares and it helps a lot. The band have been a big help as well, I honestly don't know how they're putting up with me. I so desperately want to reach out to her, talk to her, hold her, but I have no way of contacting her. It was just a case of waiting for the tour to be over then find a way of getting her back. 

I forced my eyes open, cringing a little as the sun glared through the blinds into my sensitive eyes. Groaning unenthusiastically whilst rolling out of bed, I quickly glance over at Richie who was still asleep. My feet trailing towards the bathroom for a shower seeing as I desperately needed one. I wasn't in the shower long, I turned the water off and heard Richie's muffled voice through the wall. Placing my ear to the wall in hopes of eves dropping on his conversation. I managed to pick out bits of his conversation but all I knew for sure was that he was talking about me, I just wasn't sure who he was talking to. I climb out the shower and drape the towel round my hips before exiting the steamed up bathroom. "Hey Rich...Who ya talkin to?" My agitated, sombre tone made him jump a little "Oh, just my mom". He seemed to be telling the truth so I went along with it, "Oh, Tell her I said Hey" Raising my brows a little with joy. "Mom, Jonny says Hi" Exclaiming down the line to her. There was a pause and suddenly Richie burst out with laughter, instantly drawing my attention "What did she say?" furrowing my brows together in confusion. Another cackle burst from his mouth, by this point he was practically choking on his laugh "Rich, What did she say?" Sighing in frustration with my hands on my hips. He quickly composed himself and sat back up "She said how you doin sweet cheeks". That didn't really sound like something his mom would say but I played along and burst out laughing, pretending to be amused by it.