Our Home

2nd February 1986

Chrissie's POV 

Jon and I moved into the flat last week so I drove up to New York to pack up my apartment and tell the landlord I'm moving out. Jon was spending the day at Richie's to write some songs. I was driving back from New York, the car was nearly bursting at the seems with my things, mainly clothes, some towels, cutlery, plates, my records, my photos, everything that we needed for the apartment and my stuff. I eventually pulled up to the apartment, it was right next to the beach, you could literally open the curtains and see the ocean. I ran inside to call John to come give me a hand in moving my stuff from the car, It would get done twice as fast if It's two of us. I stood, leaning against the car, waiting for him to get here. 

Before I knew it, he pulled up and to my surprise he brought Jon's brothers along as well. "Hey guys....Thanks for helping...It would have taken me all day to get this stuff inside" laughing as I gave them all a quick hug each. "No problem honey....So where do we start" gesturing his hands to the packed car. I let out a sigh and scratched the back of my neck while I think "Uhh....Bags can go in the bedroom and boxes in the living room" nodding swiftly. He clapped his hands together before swinging the doors open and passing boxes out to Tony and Matt and then grabbing one himself. They headed up the stairs to put them inside and I grabbed two bags and trailed them upstairs, shuffling into the bedroom and dumping them down with a sigh. It only took us a few trips each before it was all done. "You want us to help put the boxes away" John asking while tapping the boxes "Umm, It's alright, I have a lot of cleaning to do before I can unpack them"..."Thankyou for helping though" throwing my hands around his neck for a hug. 

 I slapped on the radio and turned it right up, the melodic tunes blaring through the apartment. I scurried into the kitchen to start unpacking first. The kitchen cabinets were oak with white benches and they didn't look too bad but the white tiles on the walls had turned cream off not being cleaned in such a long time. I started off spraying all the cabinets and benches and wiping them down with a damp washcloth. Slowly but surely the kitchen was gleaming clean. After that I swept and mopped the floor and got started on scrubbing the dirty, discoloured wall tiles. By the time I was finished, the place looked brand new. I ran back into the living room, opening the first kitchen box and dragging it into the kitchen. The first box had my dinner plates, bowls, mugs and glasses in. I carefully placed them inside the cabinets and threw the box to the side. I ran back and forth a few times until the kitchen stuff was completely done. 

Next was the bathroom, We hadn't used the bath or shower yet because we didn't have any towels. I swung the door open and my eyes instantly were drawn to the dirty grimy tub which was naturally cream but looked almost green. I started spraying every inch of the tub, letting it soak for a few minutes before running the hot tap and scrubbing it clean with my wash cloth. I moved round the bathroom, cleaning the cream toilet and the cream basin, mopping the floor and scrubbing the wall tiles. Once it was gleaming and smelling fresh, I started unpacking the boxes, folding the towels and placing them in their new home inside the bathroom cabinet along with all the toiletries.

 I quickly got through the living room, hoovering and mopping the floor. The walls were a horrible disgusting green colour when we first moved in, so earlier in the week I bought some white paint and painted the whole room. It really brightened the place up a lot and I bought some new lights and curtains. I plugged my record player in and unpacked all my vinyl's and placed them in their home on the big bookshelf right next to it. 

By the time I was finished unpacking, It looked like a whole new apartment, there were photo's of Jon's family, my family and Jon and I together scattered round the room, Just to make it feel more like home. The apartment had a spare room so we used it to put all of Jon's guitars and things like that in. The room does have a bed but unless the band crash here after a night of writing or drinking, it will never get used. I make my way into the bedroom, letting out a huge tired sigh when I see all my bags of clothes lying on the bed, there isn't that many, just 4 bags of clothes and the rest are bags, shoes and things like that. I swing my wardrobe doors open and hang all my clothes up, placing my shoes at the bottom of my wardrobe along with my bags. I trot along to the drawers and put my pyjamas, socks, tights and lingerie inside. I then put all my makeup, jewellery and hair things on top of the drawers. I had already bought new decor for the bedroom earlier in the week so thankfully I didn't have to do any of that today. By the time I was finished every thing I was so tired. I scraped my feet towards the bed and curled up and fell asleep.