Happily Ever After

November 16th 2000 / New Jersey

Chrissie's POV

"MOMMY.... DADDY!!!!!!" An ear splitting squeal echoes through the hotel room, drawing our attention. Jon and I jump up and sprint into the kids room, thinking up a million reasons why they could be screaming. We're met with such a funny sight, the pair of them bouncing on the beds because there's a spider on the floor "SPIDER SPIDER!!!!!". "Geez don't scare us like that" Jon huffs out with relief as he squishes the spider. "There we go... no more spider..." They climb off the bed and hover round him for a moment, clearly with something to ask him. Lexi pulls on his arm, prompting him to lean in so she can whisper in his ear. He bursts out laughing as he pulls away "A piggyback ride huh?.... well come on then.... before daddy goes to work". My heart swells when she hops onto his back, giggling and cooing into him. "AND ME AFTER... DADDY!!" Little Natalia bounces up and down, her eyes sparking with excitement "Don't worry you'll get your turn". I quickly scurry off to grab my camera so I can record them having their moment. He's such a family man and always spends time with the kids and he's such an amazing father to them. I giggle along with them as I record it all with the camera. We love making home videos and taking pictures, there's something so precious about keeping memories like this of your kids when their having fun. 

"How's the little pumpkin doin?" His large hand clutches my bump, giving it a gentle rub "Hmm.... A little restless today". "What do you think? another girl huh?" I giggle and bite my lip, thinking to myself for a moment "Probably... your life is too charmed Jonny". "I dunno about that babe" He chuckles out his words before leaning in for a soft kiss "You got any interviews today?". "No.... but for the show tonight I wanna bring Lexi out for 'I got the girl'.... Just for a little dance" I bite my lip and look over to see her playing with Natalia "You'll have to ask her Jon... You can't just spring it on her.... but... don't let Nattie hear you alright?". He nods swiftly before turning to face her "Lexi!..... Babe..... come here for a minute please". She comes bouncing over and launches into his arms, making him grunt and groan at the weight of her "Yeah dad?". She looks very much like him, with the same light brown hair and bright ocean blue eyes. We've tried our best to keep them out of the public eye and we succeeded in that until we went to London when he was doing a movie. He went to pick her up from school and she looked straight at him and uttered "You're Jon Bon Jovi". He was so pissed when he found out her teacher told her who he is. Luckily Natalia still doesn't know about what he does and we hope it remains that way for another couple of years. 

"So.... what happens if.... if my waters break when your on stage?" He huffs out a sigh and rolls his eyes, not liking that I brought this up again "I told you.... We'll end the show... and go to the hospital.... I'm not having this argument again babe". "But.... you can't just stop the show Jonny... you've never done that" He pinches the bridge of his nose and sighs sharply "Babe... I can and I will.... That baby decides to come today or any other day I'm due to go on stage.... I'll be a fucking history lesson". "B--But---" He cuts me off when he places his hand on my bump, caressing circles in it "Nothing.... is more important than my babies.... alright?.... Nothing in this world compares..... and nothing will stop me from seeing my baby being born.... I don't care... how many seats are filled.... don't care what city we're in.... I'll be there". "Oh Jonny" I throw my arms round his neck and coo with excitement "I love you babe". 

. . .

Hours later and they're on stage, lighting the building ablaze with their performance. This feels like the millionth time they've stepped foot on a stage and they keep getting better with age. I'm currently standing at the side of the stage watching them get ready for their next song, my heart thumping out of my chest. If my calculations are correct then I know exactly what song comes next, the song he wrote for me. He always tells me 'Your the muse to all my music baby' and it makes my heart melt so much.