The Jazz Singer

March 2nd / 3rd

Jon's POV CONTINUED...

Later that night I lay in my bed staring into space thinking of Chrissy but why am I thinking about her so much? she is just a friend. She's just so wild and free and that hair and her eyes. I continued to think until I fell into a deep slumber. 

The next morning I awoke to the sound of banging on the door, I let out a low growl as I rolled out of bed, trying to find my feet on the ground. I trudged my way to my door, swinging it open to reveal Steve, he came strutting into my apartment as if he lived here. It was so odd for him to be here, he never comes here "Steve, what you doin here?" rubbing my tired face, trying to bring some life to my skin "Man, you're boss was gonna kick you're ass for not turning up to work but I told him I'd come get ya" pointing to me "What? What time is it?" confusion and panic settling in "It's 8, you were supposed to be there two hours ago, now get your ass ready" ushering me to my clothes "Oh shit..." I started running around, grabbing my clothes and quickly pulling them on. We got back to the studio, my boss did shout at me for being late but nothing serious. I spent most of the day running round after people, making sure they had what they needed. But in all honesty Chrissy still hadn't left my mind, I wonder how she was doing from last night. 

Later that day, we all turned up to the bar, it was set up differently to last night, soft lights hit the stage with curtains either side and a piano in the centre "I wonder what's goin on" I nudged Steve, pointing towards the stage "guess we'll find out any minute" he shrugged, we ordered drinks and bumped into Lizzie and decided to sit at her table "Oh, Hey Lizzie, you know what's goin on tonight?" Steve quizzed her, "Chrissy's singing tonight....remember she told you she was a jazz singer" Lizzie raising her eyebrows at me, it took me a moment to jog my memory but I soon remembered her telling me about it.  

A man made his way to the mic "Hello Ladies and Gentleman, we have a special performance for you tonight, a lovely young lady, a beautiful jazz singer accompanied by our jazz pianist Freddie Ritz, now please offer a warm welcome to Miss Christiana Romano" whistling and claps filled the air. Steve whispered in my ear "Hey man, Is that her surname?", "Yeah, It is" nodding in confirmation "That sounds Itali---" he was cut off by the sweet jazzy melodic tunes of the piano, I turned to see this beautiful woman, a long tight satin dress hugging her figure, her silky brown locks flowing as she walked, her thigh peeking out the slit in her dress, as she turned around I laid my eyes on her face "oh-my-god, that's her Steve, that's her" excitingly nudging Steve as I exclaimed "She's so beautiful...".

She lifted her arms up ever so elegantly and swayed her hips to the jazzy notes, placing her hands on the mic "summertimeee......and the living is eassyyyy" her gentle melodic notes tickled my ears "wow" I exclaimed, looking on in shock (shes so beautiful) I thought to myself, nervously sipping my drink. She looked my way and I noticed her eyes widen at my sight, she stuttered a little in the song before carrying on until the sweet tunes silenced. The bouncy piano tunes of the next song lifted the air, her hips swaying and her shoulders moving to the beat "My baby don't care for shows, my baby don't care for clothes.....my baby just cares for me" the sweet voice fluttering through the bar as she threw me a wink. As the show went on she sang other songs like Cant take my eyes off you by Frankie Valli and I've got you under my skin by Frank Sinatra. She came to the last song, a soft light landing at her feet, she looked up to me through her fringe, her sexy gaze pulling me in like a magnet as I lean forward. She swayed her hips to the jazzy notes that filed the air "Stars shining bright above you..." her sweet melody tickled the crowd as she gestured to the ceiling "Just hold me tight and tell me you miss me" The lyrics flirted from her lips as she grasped her arms and swayed her hips, The pianist cut in the duet with his husky jazzy tones. Before I know it the sweet melody came to an end. She bowed to the claps and whistles that sifted through the air then left the stage.