Another weekend in New Jersey: Day 1

One week later in New Jersey

Chrissie's POV 

I awoke from the deep slumber Of my dream world to the sound of banging, It sounded like it was coming from the bedroom door. "Jonn..." My voice all croaky as I attempted to yell out his name but heard no response. I stretched out my arms and felt something scrape across my skin, prompting me to turn my head to see a piece of paper. Quickly grabbing it in my groggy confusion, It read 

Chrissie

Going out for a jog with Daisy 
Didn't want to wake you,

you looked so peaceful 

Jon

A smile escaped my lips as I read it out in my head. I was quickly snapped out of my happy daze as the thumping sounded throughout the bedroom. I quickly slumped myself out of bed , scraping my feet as I walked to the door. I creaked the door open to see Carol standing there with a huge grin on her face "Chrissie....." She trudged through the door, smiling at me "Hey......Ummm Jon's not here, He went for a jog" looking up at her with confusion "Oh I know,  actually I wanted to see you" smiling through her words at me before walking in "Me?" raising my eyebrows in shock "Yeah....Ummm, are those Jonny's?" a look of confusion swept across her face as she pointed towards my legs. I immediately looked down towards my legs to see his black PJ Bottoms "Ummm, I have no idea......I fell asleep in the car on the way here lastnight" fidgeting my feet a little as I spoke, "So what did you want?" quickly changing the subject, "Was wonderin if you wanted to go for a coffee, if you're not doin anythin?" shrugging with a smile "Yeahh, sure, looks like Jon might be gone a while" a beaming smile crept up on my face "Great....Yeah Jonny gets carried away when he's jogging, He loves it", I giggled a little at her words, I stood there a while just staring at her before snapping out of it "Umm, I'll just put some clothes on" pointing to my bag in the corner. She sat on the sofa as I went towards the bag. I decided on just casual clothes seeing It was just coffee, Grabbed the same pair of jeans I wore last night with Jon's red checked shirt and a leather jacket, I slid on my converse and went back out to Carol who was waiting patiently. 

She took me to a local coffee shop, I insisted on buying my own drink but she wouldn't hear of it. "Mmmm great coffee.." slurping up the steaming liquid with a smile, she smiled back at me "So how was your date last week?". I hesitated for a moment "Wait a minute, you're just gonna tell Jon everything I tell you" giving her a sceptical look. "Hey, I promise...I may be his mother but I can keep a secret" holding her hand to her heart. 

I let out a deep sigh "Tell me, How's everything goin with him?" she questioned again. "Honestly?" looking up at her through my fringe, she nodded in response. "Last week on our date was the best night of my life, he took me bowling and it was so much fun, we were like two kids again" I paused for a moment before continuing "Then on the way home, he stopped at the beach". She was listening attentively the whole time " we sat on the beach, looking up at the stars and he asked me to sing a song, a song that means somethin he said, so I did". 

"What did you sing?" questioning me through slurps "I sang can't help falling in love, My father used to sing it to my mother be-before..." trailing off as I looked down towards my swirling coffee. I felt a hand caress mine "Hey, Chrissie, It's alright", I nodded with a smile "Then I told him It was the most alive I've felt in a long time and He's helped me feel alive again then he said He felt the same" I looked to Carol who's eyes nearly popped out her sockets " What Is It?" Worry settling in. "He said that? really?" her voice all breathy, I nodded in confirmation "Then we kissed". 

"Sooo you guys kissed huh?" wiggling her eyebrows at me, A laugh escaped my lips as I shook my head playfully at her. "I mean we've kissed before but this was different, I dunno If it was the whole view, the stars, the ocean but it was soooo-----soooo--" I was cut off as Carol blurted out "Magical?". I looked at her in shock, It was like she took the word right out of my mouth, I just nodded at her in response.