New Jersey Day 2

April 12th

Chrissie's POV Continued

The next morning I awoke to the chirping of the birds flying past the window and the ray of sunlight seeping through the crack in his curtains. I open my eyes after feeling the warmth of his skin underneath my fingers, his arms still wrapped lightly around me while light snores escape his lips.

I slowly sit up, making sure not to wake him, gazing down at him, trying to memorize every line and curve on his face as he sleeps. I lean towards him, my lips meeting his in the gentlest kiss. I slide out of bed, my attention drawn to his robe draped over the door, so I grab It and wrap it around myself. It's quite baggy on me but It's soft and a trace of his scent lay on it.

 I left the room, closing the door over behind me and make my way to the kitchen, Daisy trotting along side me. I want to make him some breakfast seeing It's his first morning home in a while. I slap the radio on in the kitchen before getting started and put some fresh water and food out for Daisy, the romantic notes of The Righteous Brothers- Unchained Melody floated through the air. I can't help but quietly sing along to it, my father used to sing this song to my mother so It brought back a lot of happy memories.

 I grab a pan and place it on the stove, cracking some eggs open and splashing them into the pan and slapping some bacon in. The smoky aroma of the bacon wafting out of the room and filling the apartment. I made two mugs of coffee while waiting for the eggs and bacon to cook. The Jazzy tones of They Can't Take that away from me- Ella Fitzgerald crackled out the radio. swaying my hips and singing along to the music as I stir the eggs. 

"The way your smile just beamsss"......"The way you haunt my dreamsss..." I was just about finished cooking when I feel his arms wrap around my waist, his chin resting lightly on my shoulder. "Mmmmm smells good...." His husky vocals coming out slightly croaky "Bacon and eggs and I made coffee" gesturing to the mugs on the bench, He let go and grabbed his mug, slurping the steaming coffee up.

 I could feel him gazing at me as I dished the food out, Frank Sinatra- Witchcraft blaring from the speaker. His baggy robe slouched off one of my shoulders and my thigh is peeking out "Mmmm, You look damn good in my robe darlin" husky groans slipping out between sips "Oh, I hope you don't mind, I just didn't wanna get dressed just yet" nervously laughing as I put the used pan in the sink. "Not at all, I'm enjoying the view...." trailing off as he looks me up and down, A giggle burst from my lips while I shake my head at him. 

With plates in hand, we head into the living room to eat , It wasn't long before we were left rubbing our swollen full stomachs. "So I'm thinking of going for a jog in an hour, I won't be long, is that okay?" he quizzed while putting his feet up on the coffee table "Yeah sure, I'll give Lizzie a call" nodding in affirmation. "But later, I was wonderin" clearing his throat nervously "umm...If you'd wanna go on another date with me" shrugging through his words "I'd love to" smiling up at him whilst playing with the strands of my hair. "Great...." we sat smiling at each other silently for a moment before I was snapped out of it as he slapped his knees "I better go get ready" he stated before heading to the bedroom.

Jon's POV

I jogged lightly through the streets, carefully inhaling and exhaling with each step of my shoes on the pavement. I'm an avid runner, I absolutely love it, nothing better than feeling the morning breeze against your skin. Soon enough, Chrissie entered my thoughts which only distracted me. I want to do something fun tonight for our date but not sure what yet. Every idea that popped into my head didn't seem good enough. 

After about half an hour, I'm passing the local bowling alley and it's as if a light bulb lit up in my head. I stand there for a moment, looking at the huge bowling alley in appreciation. I've had so many fun nights here with my friends, so I'm sure this will be good for our date tonight. I make it to town and decide to stop in on my mom for a while, she's a florist and owns a little store. "Hey ma.." Trailing off as I make my way over to her "Oh Hey Jonny.." A warm smile brightening her face. "Busy day?" Quizzing whilst leaning against the counter "Oh Yeah....Got quite a few orders in" nodding through her words. I so desperately want to ask her something but I suddenly get nervous, rethinking the decision entirely. I don't know why I'm nervous to ask my own mom a question. I think she senses my discomfort as she turns to look at me with that motherly instinct "What is it?". "Nothin..." Swiftly shaking my head, "Jonny....I'm your mother...I know when you're lying" Cocking her brow at me. A quiet laugh burst from my lips. It's true, nobody knows me like my mom. "I was wonderin if you could take Chrissie for a coffee ....next weekend when we come back from New York" Shrugging through my words. "You want me to ask her about you don't you?" Her eyes widening in shock "Come on ma pleaseee....." My eyes pleading with her whilst pouting my lips.