Burlesque

24th/25TH November 1987 New York 

Chrissie's POV 

It's the night before Dave and I are due to perform at the show in the jazz club tomorrow. Jon's manager Doc booked us all hotel rooms close by, so we didn't have to venture far. Dave and I were just figuring out our last song to sing. " We can do four songs right?" Dave quizzing while tickling the keys on his keyboard "Yeah, we just need one more..... got any ideas?". "Uhhh What about Peggy Lee-- Why don't you do right.... we can slow it down and just have the piano.... so it would be real sexy" My eyes widened with excitement at hearing his idea. "That could be good.... Let's try it now" Pointing to the keyboard which he was only using to practice, for the show he was using his piano. "Okay....1..2..3" Dave counted me in and I slowly started singing the opening lyrics. "You had plenty money in 1922, You let other women make a fool of you" I sang it a lot slower than the original, my vocals soft, low and sexy. He shortly joined me with a jazzy melody on the keyboard, making it a whole lot more sensual. I continued through the song, staying at the same slow pace throughout. 

"Okay, so when we open for 'good girl',  for the instrumentals coz we'll have drums and horns and god knows what, do a little dance and get rid of a small item of clothing.... like your gloves or your skirt or something... a little teaser for the audience" , "That would be great and I was thinking for the end..... I could get all hot and bothered and start moaning then you could run over and pick me up and carry me off the stage.... Then I'll get ready for the next song". A laugh burst from his lips "That's gonna be fun.... we should practice it" I gave him a nod to start on the keyboard. I started singing out the lyrics in a sexy comedic type of way and for every instrumental part I danced round he room and pretended to take off different items of clothing. When it came to the ending I did the moaning part which I was a little embarrassed about at first but after a few tries I got more comfortable with it, I continued moaning away to myself as he picked me up and carried me away. Breaking off into laughter when we were finished the song "That is gonna be so fun tomorrow night". 

We were eventually finished practicing, so went into Jon's room with everyone else. "Look who decided to join us" Richie shouting out to us "So how'd it go?". "I think she's gonna knock everybody's heads off" Dave tapping me on the shoulder. Jon tapped the space next to him on the bed, inviting me to sit next to him which I accepted by sitting down, placing my hand on his thigh while he wraps his arms round me. "I'm actually getting excited about it and having Daveyy up on stage with me is gonna make me feel more comfortable" Smiling over at Dave who returned the smile to me. "Anythin for you honey" Taking a quick gulp of his beer as he trails off. "Uhh so while you guys were practicin, we had a call from Doc who said there's gonna be photographers from a few different newspapers at the show tomorrow" Jon's words sent a wave of nerves through my body. "Oh My God....what if.... what if I mess up....what if--" Lizzie cut me off straight away "Hey Chris.... Don't even go there, you will be great" Giving me a reassuring smile as she trails off. "Yeah babe you'll be amazing" Jon squeezing me closer to him. 

The next day, Dave and I are in the dressing room, he's just relaxing in the chair while they're squeezing me into my diamond encrusted black corset with stockings and a feather train. A loud gasp burst from my lips when the woman pulled the laces tighter. "That looks really uncomfortable" Dave peeling an eye open and cringing when he sees my waist being sucked in. "Yeah..... Thanks for the commentary Davey" Squeezing out my words between gasps of breath. "I feel like my breasts are gonna fall out" Clutching at my chest which is popping out the top of the corset. "Half the people in that audience are gonna be friends of ours, the guys from Aerosmith and Cinderella and other bands so they'll probably love it" Dave giggling as he trails off. "Oh God you guys could have told me before I picked out the songs" My eyes nearly popping out my head. Finally after enduring the torture of having my waist and stomach sucked in to the extreme, they curled my hair and added my gloves, jewellery and makeup. Dave looks over to me and notices my worried expression "Try taking deep breaths, It'll help". "I would but I can't breath Davey" Resting my hand on my flat stomach. A quite laugh burst from his lips "If it makes you feel better, you look damn good". Suddenly the door bursts open and the assistant pokes his head in "You guys are on in 5, get ready" Before disappearing out the dressing room.