American Music Awards

25th January 1988 

Chrissie's POV 

It's the morning of the American music awards and we're currently in LA with the whole band and some of our friends and family. The band are really excited for the awards, hoping they win at least one award. Jon being the optimistic of the band, has been constantly saying they will win but hasn't made an effort to write anything down for when they have to go up on stage. They've also been asked to present an award to Whitney Houston which is really exciting. 

It's 11am and I've been up for hours, Jon on the other hand is still face down, snoring his head off. From time to time It will slip my mind that he is my fiancé because we have been keeping it really quiet from anyone outside the band and our family but then I look at my ring and it brings everything back. The rumours of course have still been floating around but Jon just denies them, saying he's not marriage material. 

Suddenly a knock on the door breaks me out of my trance, swinging the door open to see Richie standing there. "Richie...What's up?" Giving him a big smile which he returns "Is he awake? wondered if you both wanted to go for lunch". A quiet snicker escaped my lips "No, he's still fast asleep but I'll wake him up now". I strut off round to his side of the bed, grabbing the blanket and yanking it off his naked body. My hand swings down, spanking him hard on the ass causing him to jolt awake "Huh? what?" Looking round in a mad panic. He rolls over, groaning with frustration "What's goin on?" Gripping the bridge of his nose with a sigh. "Richie's here, wondered if we want to go to lunch" Leaning down to peck him on the lips, humming as I pull away. "Get your ass out of bed it's nearly midday kidd" Richie tossing Jon his clothes to get ready. Jon's eyes widen with shock "What? Babe why didn't you wake me up?" Shuffling off the bed with his clothes. "You went to bed late last night so I thought I'd let you sleep in" Shrugging as I trail off. 

We finally made it to the restaurant with the band and to my surprise Cher was also there. "Hey honey, you must be Chrissie, Jonny's fiancé?" Holding her hand out to shake mine. My hand swings out, giving her hand a light shake "Yeah, It's very nice to meet you" A gentle smile on my face. We all sit down at the table, the boys are like a bunch of over excited teenagers around Cher but she doesn't seem to mind. Soon enough the waitress comes over to take our orders, all the boys pick burgers to eat, I was going to have a salad but decided on a pizza. Jon is on one side of me while Cher is on the other and there is a table right behind us with a bunch of women, staring at the band. My ears prick up when I hear them talking about Jon "Is that his girlfriend?" One of the women whispering to her friend. "Yeah that's her" Another voice whispering back. "She's not very pretty and that outfit is so wrong" My gaze immediately falls to my outfit, it's only skinny jeans and a top seeing as it's only lunch, everyone round the table is dressed down. 

Suddenly I start to feel very insecure which doesn't usually happen to me, I'm usually pretty confident. "Look at her hair, It's just a big curly mess" my gaze drops to my lap in shame which captures Jon's attention straight away. He reaches his hand out, stroking circles round my knuckles with his silky fingers. "Babe what do you think?" Suddenly Jon's voice snaps me out of my trance. My eyes were starting to well up with tears "I need to go to the bathroom" I jumped up from the table so fast, it caught the whole bands attention. My feet couldn't get out of there fast enough, sighing with relief once the door to the bathroom closes over. My feet make there way over to the sinks, blankly staring into the mirror at my reflection. As I stare at my face in the mirror, I'm starting to analyse every little detail, wondering if it's in need of improvement or whether I'm just being stupid. 

The door to the bathroom swings open and Jon comes bounding in like Rambo after some blood "Jon what are you doing?" Not realising my cheeks are wet from my tears. "You didn't seriously believe all that bullshit?" My face drops in shame, I honestly didn't think he heard them. His finger lifts up my chin so my gaze meets his "Do I really look that bad?" Sniffling up my tears as I trail off. His thumbs swipe across my cheeks, drying up my tears "You're beautiful inside and out babe" Leaning in for a soft kiss. "Now what do you think of going to the party after the awards? Could be fun" Wiggling his brows at me. "Alright.." Giggling as I trail off, a bashful smile curving my lips. He interlocked his fingers with mine and led me back into the restaurant. Pulling out my chair for me, a gentle smile raising his lips "Thankyou" Smiling into a soft peck on his lips before gracefully sitting myself down on the chair. He shuffles back into his seat just as our food arrives at the table, the meaty aroma immediately filling the air around us.