She's a little Runaway

January 1983 / New Jersey

Jon's POV

"BABY!!! I GOT THE RECORD DEAL!!!" She squeals out in excitement as she leaps into my arms, causing me to stumble back a few steps "I'm so happy for you Jonny". She smothers kisses all over my face when she pulls away, leaving me in a blushing mess. "I just need a band now" She remains silent for a moment, the wheels turning in her mind "You should call Davey....". "You are amazing you know that" Planting a soft kiss on her lips before running off to the phone. 

"Hello..."

"Hey Lemma how you doin?"

"Oh I'm doin great.....How about you?"

"Ahh.... still at the power station, been recording demos and writing songs... What you doin now anyhow?"

"My mom wants me to go to college to be a doctor... so that's what I'm doin"

"That's great man.... listen uhh.... you still playin?"

"Are you kiddin? I live for playin"

"Well I've got some news.... just hear me out okay?"

"Yeah and what's that?"

"I got a record deal....... and..... I need a band.... will you join me?"

"Man if you're jokin..... I'll kick your ass"

"So is that a yes?"

"Count me in!!"

The amount of joy and excitement surging through my body as I place the phone down "So?...... What did he say?". "He said yes..... he's comin over tonight so we can talk...... I just need to find the rest of the band" She circles her arms round my torso, peppering kisses on my chin "I'm sure you'll think of something baby...... just think of all the local musicians you've got at your finger tips.... All the people you've seen and met" It's as if her words have lit a light bulb in my mind. 

 17th September 1983

Our first tour was a week away and I invited the whole band over to my house just to hang out and have a few drinks, talk about the upcoming tour. Chrissie was here as well and I wanted to introduce her to the band seeing as she hasn't met them yet, well she's met Dave before. Chrissie and I were just watching tv when a loud knock on the front door echoed through the house. Chrissie was the first to jump up and run to the door, with me trailing behind her. She swung the door open to reveal the 4 of them standing there. "Daveyy!!" She shrieked, jumping into his arms for an embracing hug "Hey, Chris, Great to see ya honey" rubbing circles in her back while he spoke. "It's been too long Davey" smiling at him, a huge grin stretched on her face. He eventually put her down and they all came through to the living room. "So Jonny, introduce us to your girlfriend" Richie piping up, curiosity in his eyes. "Sure, Guys, this is Chrissie, Chrissie, this is Richie, Tico and Alec" She immediately pulled Richie in for a hug "So nice to meet you" before hugging the others and saying hello. 

After the first introductions we were all sat in the living room, beer bottles latched to our hands "So Richie, Jonny told me about how you told him you were gonna be in the band" laughing a little through her words, he laughed in response. "Yeahh, I pretty much gave him my verbal resume.... I thought he was gonna kick my ass for sure" She burst out laughing "I was definitely thinkin who the hell is this guy....But you sharp changed my mind" I added in to the conversation. "So how did you and Dave meet?" Richie quizzing Chrissie "I met Davey 3 years ago when I was in New Jersey... I was running down the street and I ran straight into him.... I went flying to the floor and he helped me up and invited me to their show" Richie nodded, listening attentively. "Safe to say we've gotten to know each other really well" Cocking her brow at Dave with a smile, Dave laughed in response "Is there a hidden joke in there somewhere?" Richie pointing between Dave and Chrissie. "Does Jon need to be worried Dave" grinning like a Cheshire cat at Dave "Oh trust me.....It's nothing Jonny doesn't already know about.....In fact I'm pretty sure he instigated the whole thing"  Cocking her brow at me, my mouth dropping open, pretending to be shocked "Baby....I'm shocked you'd suggest such a thing" holding my hand to be heart, pretending to be hurt. "Nobodies fallin for that Jonny" Dave cocking his brow at me "Okay, I wanna hear about this" Richie clapping her hands in excitement "You wanna tell it Davey" Chrissie pointing to Dave with a smile. "Oh please.....Ladies first"...."So we're in New York, it's like 1 in the morning and Jonny nudges me in the arm and he's like 'Let's go in there...I wanna go in there' He's pointing over at this bar and I look over and its a strip club and I'm like 'Are you kiddin' and Davey joins in and he says he wants to go in so we head into the club"....I look over at Richie and the others and they're all leaning towards her in anticipation. "We're sitting in this bar.....Davey is getting a lap dance from one of the dancers and Jonny and I are at the bar drinking.....Well I was drinking he was drooling...." She trails off when she looks at me, the whole band are laughing at me. "And all of a sudden he whispers in my ear 'Wouldn't it be funny if you go storming in to Davey....pretending to be his angry wife' and I know where he was goin so I was like 'No No No definitely not' and he's not letting it go, he's like 'Come on babe...It'll be funny' So I take the biggest chug of beer that I can possibly take and I rehearse what I'm gonna say and go storming into the room and I'm screaming at him, saying 'How could you do this to me?' and all that shit and he's laying there like 'what the fuck?' he didn't know what to say, so anyhow the dancer splits and we get kicked out for causing a scene" shrugging as she finishes the story.