Back To Jersey

2nd January 1986 New Jersey 

Jon's POV 

We had been back home for a day so far, I hadn't even unpacked yet, I was thinking too much about Chrissie. In fact I spent the last few months of the tour, watching her recording every night just so I could see her face and I continued to sit in with Dave and Richie when they called her. So as promised, I found myself outside of Lizzie's door. I took a few deep breaths before lifting my hand and knocking on the door. I wasn't standing there too long before the door swung open, It was Lizzie and she didn't look too happy to see me "Hey...Is uhh Chrissie here?". She closes the door over a little "She doesn't want to talk to you...you should leave". Her words cut through me like a knife "No, She said to come find her when the tour was finished so here I am" standing my ground at the front door "She just told me last night that she's moved on, So should you" Her icy words spitting out her mouth like bullets. I growled a little and took a step into the doorway "CHRISSIE.....IT'S ME...PLEASE BABY...I NEED TO TALK TO YOU!!!" Shouting as loud as I could at the top of my voice. She pushed me back out the doorway and after a few minutes of nothing, I dropped my head in disappointment and grief. 

She slammed the door in my face and I turned round and slowly walked down the garden path feeling defeated. It felt like everything was going through slow motion, it felt like I had lost her all over again. I stopped in my tracks when I placed my hand on the gate, my head dropping. I suddenly hear the door open behind me causing me to pick my head up. "Jonny..." I recognised that sweet voice anywhere "Chrissie..." I whisper to myself before spinning round on the spot. My jaw dropped open a little when I lay eyes on her, she is just as beautiful as the last day I saw her, almost a year ago, the only difference is her hair is past her shoulders now. She had nothing but my t-shirt on, she was shivering while she stood in the doorway. It felt like an eternity of silence and us just standing there. I stepped back a little when she sprinted down the path and leaped into my arms. Burying my head into the crook of her neck, taking in her luscious scent "I missed you so much.." Her whispers soothing me. I tried to say something, anything, but the words wouldn't form in my mouth. Suddenly the air was filled with an awkward silence and I placed her slowly back down on the ground. My mouth went completely dry, I still couldn't speak, I spent all this time wanting to talk to her and now I have my chance and I couldn't breathe a word. 

She broke the silence first "So.... I guess we should talk..."  Biting her lip nervously while she gazed up at me. I nodded slowly "She told me you said you moved on.." My voice sounded low and morbid. She scoffed, she sounded annoyed "I have no idea where she got that from... I never said anything like that..." I kept quiet, just nodding slowly ".. I was in bed with my eyes closed and I heard you shouting but thought I was dreaming" chuckling a little as she trails off "I ran downstairs and I said 'was that Jonny' she said 'Don't worry I got rid of him' I said 'What are you talkin about, I wanted to talk to him" Shaking her head a little. A quiet laugh slipped from my lips but I still didn't say anything "You want to talk inside? we can go in my room or we can go for a walk.....I just need to get dressed" She looked down to my t-shirt which was only accompanied by some fluffy socks. A gentle smile crept up on my lips "Umm, Is it okay if we walk....I'll wait out here while you get ready" nodding slightly, she nods back with a smile before doing a cute little jog back to the front door. My heart skipping a beat in sync with her steps. 

Chrissie's POV  

I got back in the house, my heart nearly beating out my chest, it took me every ounce of my blood to not kiss him. I kept telling myself I needed to control myself until we had got the talking out the way. I honestly wasn't really expecting him to turn up to be honest, I was thinking he has moved on. I ran up the stairs, completely ignoring Lizzie's gaze. I ran to my suitcase, rummaging through my clothes. I know we were just talking but I still wanted to look good. Is it weird that I wanted to look cute, but not look like I was trying too hard. It was quite chilly outside still so I decided on my tight black laced up jeans, a sweatshirt, leather jacket and my cowboy boots. My hair had grown since I last seen him, last year it was only shoulder length but now it was grazing my shoulder blades.