six

Stupid.

Stupid. Dumb. London.

I repeated those words to myself as I walked down the dark hallway and headed toward the room located all the way to the end. From what I remembered, that white double door was introduced to me as the door led to the master bedroom of the west wing.

I could not sleep.

No matter how long I had laid there in my perfectly comfortable bed and waited for sleep to take over me, it did not. I shifted and rolled around for hours and hours. Each time I closed my eyes, the only thing I saw was her.

Her face. Her yelling. Her blood.

She came running toward me even in my sleep and I had to keep my eyes open. I could not bear being alone in that dark room any longer. I needed someone. As frightening as the idea of disturbing Liam at this time of the night was, it was the only choice I was left with

Getting my act together, I stood in front of the french-style double door. My hand reached up and fell into a tight fist before I knocked on the wood twice. I closed my eyes when I heard heavy footsteps approaching and when the door swung open, I looked up to a sweaty, panting man.

"Yes?" He snapped to me with a hint of irritation in his tone.

"I am so sorry. I did not mean to wake you up."

Wake him up. His terribly messy hair and those bright red lipstick stains all over his neck were suggesting otherwise. Clearly, he was not sleeping.

"It's fine." He sighed, "Do you need something?"

Yes. Damn right, I do. What else did he think I was standing there for? Surely, I did not mean to disturb his fun activity with whoever that lady was. Or was it a lady?

"I couldn't sleep." I replied shyly and could hear him curse under his breath.

He then muttered to me under his heavy breathing, "Next time, when I ask you if you are going to be okay or not, think before you answer."

"Right." I nodded. Well, he was not wrong.

I looked down pathetically when he forced an exhale, "I have a visitor right now. Maybe come back in a bit. Bring your own blanket. It gets really chilly in here during the night"

My eyes flew open at his statement.

"Liam, that's not what I am here for." I said, awkwardly, "I am here to ask you if I could go spend a night with Giovanna."

"I have already told you, London. You are not here for a sleepover." He mumbled, "My sister is only going to get you distracted."

I bit the inside of my cheek in order to stop myself from rolling my eyes. The only person who was distracting me was not Giovanna but the girl he shot.

"Go down the hallway. When you saw the stairway, take the right turn then keep walking until you see a big white door. Take the left turn and take the stairs two floors down. Giovanna's room should be on your right." He instructed me before adding a big sigh, "If you are late tomorrow-"

"It's probably not because of Giovanna but rather the fact that I am probably lost." I noted, "Seriously, your house needs a map of its own."

A small smile tugged at the corners of his lips and I was taken aback. For once, I could tell he was genuinely grinning. Maybe he found me stupid or that my sarcasm was being perceived as some kind of a joke. Whichever one, that was not my problem.

"Thank you for the instruction. I should get going now that everything is still fresh in my mind." I said

And when I was about to turn around, his voice stopped me, "Wait." His shoulder squared as he heaved another big sigh, "I will walk with you."