fifty-eight

The next morning I wake up feeling fresh. Last night. Oh, last night. I literally had the best time of my life. So much food came in and out of my room nonstop upon his request. We were watching Masterchef on netflix and every time I mentioned about how delicious and tasty those foods they were cooking look, Liam sent someone out, looking for the exact same dish for me in all the restaurants around town. We ubereat-ed too. Like a lot. I felt almost like a princess. It was so much more fun watching a cooking show and being able to taste all the foods similar to what they were making rather than just sitting there and starved yourself to death at midnight.

I was stuffing my face with a bowl of arugula and shrimp salad when the door suddenly burst open.

"Good mor- What the hell is going on in here?!" Giovanna exclaimed. She carefully closed the door behind her and observed my crazy messy room, "Girl, how many take-outs did you order last night?!"

I giggled, throwing my head back.

"Like. A lot." I said, enthusiastically with a mouthful of food. God. I had never been a big fan of arugula salad but this, it just tasted too darn good.

Picking up some paper bags that were scattering around the floor. Giovanna gathered them all together and put them in one corner. She shook her head as she approached me at the bed.

"You're about to get so chubby...and broke." She implied, "Like look at all these bills, Lo. Where the hell did you order these foods from? A space kitchen?! What kind of an Italian place serve an aglio e olio for fifty dollars? Fifty freaking dollars! It's just pasta, garlic, oil and pepper!"

"It's one of the master chef guy's restaurant. Plus, ubereat charges extra for service plus delivery fee now. The place is all the way across town." I said, frowning and she narrowed her eyes at me.

"I understand that hospital food can be shitty, but you only had three thousand dollars in saving and you already spent three hundreds on a flight ticket to Paris." She scolded, "Until the paperwork for your trust funds come through, Lo. You really need to watch your budget."

"I know. I know." I said, looking at her. I bit my bottom lips shyly, "Your brother kind of paid for everything last night."

"Oh." She nodded awkwardly and took a seat next to me on the bed. Her eyes found a dozen of white roses in a gorgeous blue vase sitting on the bedside table.

"Yes. And that too." I rebuked, noticing her glance.

She leaned back, trying to stay calm by flashing me a weak smile, "So...you two are like, back together?"

"No." I shook my head aggressively, "I mean, he is just buying me food and all-"

"Are you sure?" She inquired, "Because it seems to me like my brother thinks you two are back together."

"Actually, I was going to talk to you about that." I said.

"About what?"

"I need to book another flight." I said and watched her eyes went wide for a second.

"Oh, girl." She lowly mumbled, "About that, I can't help you."

Concealing my disappointment with a chuckle, I asked her, "What do you mean?"

She just stared at me and said nothing. Like car suddenly got her tongue.

"If it's about the money, I can give you my savings in cash. Forget about the old ticket." I said, "I don't think we could get it refunded anyways. I missed the flight. It's my mistake. Not the airline's."

"I know. But you see," My heart slightly dropped at how she dwelled reluctantly, "Money isn't our main concern at the moment."

Okay.