thirty-two

Stepping inside Liam's bedroom, my eyes gawked at the sight before me. Everything looked out of place. Almost, unfamiliar. It would definitely take me some time to get use to seeing my stuffs in his room. But as of now, I had much more important things to worry about.

I sat down on the sofa at the foot of the bed and took out my phone from my pocket. I switched it on and waited for the lock screen to come on display. When it did, my jaw dropped in complete surprise.

42 missed calls

75 unread text messages

My notification history showed. I rubbed my eye with the back of my hand just to make sure I saw the number right and the next thing I did was quickly dialing Mama's number then pressed call.

"London?" She picked up in no time. Her voice sounded both in shock and in deep distress.

"Yes, Mama. It's me." I said dryly.

"Oh my-" I could her gasping through the call, "Your father and I have been worried sick about you!"

There we go.

"I am so sorry, Mama." I sighed heavily, "I know I should have-"

"It's okay, dearest." Her answer put me on pause and I shut up for a bit before she continued to ask me, casually this time, "How was Paris?"

Oh. So, she knew.

"Wait...you knew?" I mumbled and she sharply exhaled.

"Liam told me you guys went on a trip together." She revealed, "But I was still worried anyways because I hadn't heard from you for a while. I thought he took you there against your will."

I nearly choked at her assumption. Not that it sounded completely and utterly crazy but as if he could.

Knowing Liam, I knew he would never force me to do anything I didn't want to but I guessed only the both of us seemed to get that.

"He could never force me to do anything, Mama." I chuckled, "Don't you worry."

And then there was another moment where Mama just took her quick pause before she proceeded.

"D-did you two have a great time there?" She asked and my body temperature was suddenly raising so much, I could feel my face flushing.

"Y-yes." I didn't mean to stutter but I was growing somewhat nervous talking about our trip.

"I saw he took you to your favorite restaurant." She added, sounding almost like she was proud, "You guys just made the front pages the other day. People write articles about my little girl now."

"They did?" I chuckled, "Well, We had a great time at Laserre. Liam hosted an event for his clients and we-"

I stopped myself as soon as the memory of that night at Laserre flashed back through my mind. The kiss. The sex. Everything all at once and I was blushing uncontrollably.

This couldn't be good.

"Dearest...?"

"Yes, Mama. As I said, things were great." I answered abruptly, "The dinner was great. Everything was great. Is there something else you want to talk about?"

I didn't want to be rude. I knew she was probably just missing me and wondering how have I been but the more we kept talking, the more I felt as if I was going to burst out facts.

I could never hide anything from Mama. Let alone, my own feeling. She saw right through me every time and I didn't realize how disturbing our deep connections could be until today.