forty-eight

Chanel. Prada. Balenciaga.

I never knew how overpriced a piece of clothing could be until I went into all these luxury fashion stores and did the shopping myself. It's probably one of the reasons why I hated shopping so much. The numbers. The bills. The payments, and the long duration of time it took for you to find a piece that you really liked and worth the cost.

So far, I had bought nothing but a cup of hot chocolate from Starbuck since we got to the mall.

"Now, that is cute." Kitty said as we walked pass one of the small boutiques around the corner, "That is cute too. We should go try them on."

"Kitty, I think you have more than enough dresses for one party." I muttered.

"I know. I am not buying anymore for myself." She said, linking her arm with mine as she dragged me toward the store, "This one is going to be for you."

As soon as we took our first step inside the shop, the saleslady came to greet us. She proceeded to show us all kinds of dresses she had, even though I made it abundantly clear from the beginning that we were just browsing. Kitty, however, looked ready to snatch every pieces off the rack.

"Go try this on." Holding up a baby blue chiffon dress in front of me, Kitty encouraged me to try it on. I eyed the lovely dress quizzically.

"I had one just like this at home." I told her, but still she insisted.

While walking me to the back of the store where the fitting room was located, suddenly Kitty then excused herself saying that she needed to use the restroom. She then asked our bodyguard to stay with me which I strongly refused.

"But, Kitty, I am just going to be in the fitting room. I am not going anywhere." I explained, "Trust me, you would need Sergei more than I do."

"Listen." Taking a hold of my arm, Kitty said in a low threatening voice, "Sergei is most likely going to lose his job if something were to happen to you."

"And if it just so happens that you had been kidnapped..."

"I am sure that would cause less of a chaos. Your guy is the one with the temper here." She noted, before turning to Sergei who seemed thoroughly lost as well, "Don't you agree with me, Sergei?"

Only blankly nodding his head, the poor guard just played along.

"Yes, Miss."

"Alright. I will be back so fast. You won't even notice I'm gone."

With a wink and a playful smirk, Kitty then took her exit and left the fitting area. I stayed with Sergei and ended up trying on a couple of dresses and three pair of shoes; a pump, a stilettos and a black leather boot. About ten minutes later or so, Kitty returned.

"Did you find anything you like?" She asked as we walked to the front of the store.

"Not really. The dresses are pretty plain but extremely pricey." I said, half-whispering.

"So should we leave?" She said abruptly while looking at me full in the face.

Startled, I stared back at her, "Sure..."

And as simple as that, we left the mall after spent the entire afternoon wandering around.

The driving distance from the mall to Liam's place was about fifty minutes. We gossiped for half of the ride and fell asleep due to tiredness for the rest. By the time we got home, Kitty and I agreed to be in separate rooms for a while. We needed to get some rest after the long day the mall and in an hour we would meet again to get ready for supper together.