ten

A feeling of warm lips pressed to my forehead made me stir in my sleep but I did not open my eyes just yet. I was still very sleepy so I decided, why not give myself another hour of just lying around— that exactly what I did.

Hour turned into hours, eventually a high-pitched unfamiliar voice came to drag me out of my drowsy state.

"Miss London?"

When I opened my eyes, I blinked a couple time to adjust my sight. My eyeballs were sore, painfully sore and so was my throat.

"Who're you?" My voice came out sounding like a last breath as I looked the girl up and down.

"I am Elizabeth, Miss. I am Master Liam's housemaid and today, I am in charge of tidying up the master bedroom."

As her explanation slowly began to register in my head, my eyes nearly popped right out of their sockets. I sprung up from bed and looked around.

Oh my.

Feeling the weird texture on my skins, I looked down to see I was wearing a man's shirt. It was obviously not my size as it reached almost all the way down to my knees. Then the memories of last night came flashing through my mind, and I gasped.

"Would you like something to drink or any medicines, Miss? You don't look so well." The maid asked worriedly.

"No. I'm fine." I murmured. Someone changed me. Someone. Please, let that someone be her, "Sorry but did you put this on me last night?"

Tugging at my shirt, I looked at her and a shy smile etched the corner of her pink-tinted lips.

"Oh no, Miss. Us maids aren't allowed to be in Master's bedroom during the night time unless he has requested for us." She said, attempting her hardest to suppress her grin, "And last night, I don't think Master called for anyone."

Thank god it was her who found me in this condition and not Giovanna or Pyper. Otherwise, this could not be good.

"Miss, would you like some pain-killers." The maid continued to ask me and I noticed how heavily she was blushing.

God. Kill me now.

"I heard it helps with the soreness." She said awkwardly, "You know, a-after..."

Her stuttering made me want to go down, dig a hole in the backyard and buried myself there. It was so embarrassing and by the look on her face, I did not dare to let her finish her sentences.

"I will not be needing any medicine. Thank you." I said confidently, "And please nothing happened, I just came here to talk to him last night and ended up falling asleep."

"Right, Miss." She nodded although I knew, deep down she was probably laughing at my stupid excuse but what could I do? That was really how the story went.

I did not waste any more of my times sitting there. As soon as Elizabeth went straight into the bathroom to do some cleaning, I jumped out of bed and headed back to my room. I tried to do it as carefully as I could and made the least noise as I moved but god, fate just hated me. When I opened the master bedroom door, everyone, and by that— I meant like everyone was there.

Giovanna, Jack, Luke, and Pedro were sitting along the sofa and a few maids gathered around them. They all turned at once and looked straight at me in complete shock. Except for Giovanna, her face had something written across it. Horror? I assumed.