thirty-one

"Liam?"

"Liam...?"

"Liam...?!"

I remembered waking up that morning to an empty bed. Nothing but quietness surrounding me and the empty mattress on his side. Liam was gone. He had disappeared without a trace and not even a small note was left for me on the nightstand.

I started to panic. I quickly got out of bed and started searching everywhere. Everywhere he could go, anywhere that was within a walking distance from our room. I went out and stood in the middle of the empty hallway. I looked around and not a single person could be spotted.

"Mrs. Luciano?"

Turning around, when my eyes met with Travis, I heaved a big breath of relief.

"Good morning." He said while observing my frightened expression.

"Where's Liam?" I asked him right away, not leaving him the room to breath or bothered to say good morning back first.

Travis's face then changed from serene to slight discomfort.

"Master had left." When those three words left his mouth, my eyes widened. But before I could utter a word, he continued, "And we will be on our way too. Just let me know how long you will need to pack your bags and get ready."

I looked at him. A little in shock still and a lot disturbed by the fact that his boss just left me without saying a word.

"What do you mean he left?" I repeated confusingly and Travis sighed.

"Master had an important to attend-"

"Then why didn't he tell me?" I snapped. I knew getting mad at Travis was like pouring a glass of water into the ocean. There was no point. He wasn't Liam and Liam probably hadn't said many words to him either basing on how clueless he was looking.

"I'm afraid you would have to ask Master that yourself, Mrs." Travis proceeded, "So, any help with the luggages?"

I shook my head, "No. But, thanks."

Confused. Lost. And, hurt. Travis walked me back to Liam's room before he left me to start packing. When I finished putting everything back in my suitcases, I took a quick shower, got ready and we left the hotel in no time. During the whole ride to the airport, I had asked Travis countless of times if he could put me on phone with Liam but the only answer I got was the infamous— Master do not take calls during his meetings.

I was pissed. So angry that Liam left without telling me. I didn't know what was wrong with my temper but it had skyrocketed. I was probably PMS-ing because my hormones were all over the place. I knew I didn't need to be that mad but by the time they got me on Liam's private jet, I was ready to beat someone up. Out of nowhere, I started giving the flight attendant an attitude for asking me too many questions about which beverage do I prefer.

But I mean, need she ask me now? She had no idea what kind of morning I had woken up to so why couldn't she just leave me alone, or maybe just get me a freaking glass of water like I had asked her to since the moment I sat down.

Times didn't only fly when you were happy but apparently, they raced like a jet ski when you were pissed off. Eight hours went by in a blink of an eye and we finally landed at the JFK airport where I was then being transferred from a jet plane to the back of an SUV driven by Alfred, the Luciano family's driver. He greeted me with a friendly happy hello and attempted to start a conversation which I chose to ignore. The last thing I wanted was to snap at Alfred. He was innocent and didn't do anything wrong to deserve me being all hot-headed with him.