fifty-five

Hey Guys.

So before you get started with this chapter, I have to mention about Chapter 51 since I received lots of feedbacks about it being confusing and all. I've decided to try to edit a little and remove the unnecessary dialogue part then put a more straight forward approach kind of statement/information for better understanding! thank you guys so much again for your support, patience and feedbacks.

As usual, I hope you enjoy this chapter and sorry I haven't been posting. Usually my uni time schedule get very packed right before the break and my break started on Friday. That explains why I didn't have the time to sit down and properly write out a great chapter for you all and I don't want to update rubbish for you guys. Hope you understand.

Also, for the millionth time I've said this but will continue to say it throughout that I CANNOT stress this enough it enough how much I appreciate each and everyone of you's support for this book :)

_______________

I am sorry.

His soft half-broken apology rung in my ears. It had been over fifteen minutes now since we last said anything to each other before the doctor came in, disrupting our conversation by requesting a moment in private with Liam.

I wasn't sure as to whether or not I should be thankful for him for saving my butt from what could have been a very awkward encounter, or should I get mad at him for interrupting such a potentially heartfelt moment between the two of us. Anyways, my heart ached for the poor man.

An expression of pure horror gripped his face, yet his gestures remained stoic and professional. I watched carefully as Doctor Gideon continued to express his concerns over my case with Liam who in return, was giving him his full attention. His eyebrows drew down in serious gesture and his arms crossed tightly, resting above his chest. His jaw clenched and unclenched. The vein in his neck was slightly popping out. I was under an impression that they both were under a lot of stress and pressure.

A different kind of stress and pressure, though.

Liam was afraid for someone, meanwhile doctor Gideon was afraid for himself.

"...U-unless there's some kind of secondary complication Miss should make her recovery real soon, but I would recommend for her to stay here for a couple more days, sir."

His stutter almost made me feel sad for him. For a man his age and his size, he wasn't that shorter nor did his physique appear to be much weaker than Liam; yet he chose to represent himself such way. It was like the second Liam stepped into the room, every guys and girls would suddenly turn coward. The fear these people felt for him. It was indescribable. Even I too, sometimes.

Another short discussion between the two carried on for a little while before Liam decided he had heard enough and dismissed Doctor Gideon. The man then proceeded to leave the room as fast as when he came in. He didn't even bother to finish writing down his note firsthand. He just rushed out while his hand was still scribbling letters.

When it was just the two of us in the room, the whole dynamic dropped and the atmosphere around us suddenly grew dark and gloomy. Doubts filled my mind like clouds filled the sky.  I could feel his gaze lingering on me, yet he didn't bother to say anything. It was just the sound of both of us breathing in unison and when he took a step forward, bringing himself closer to my hospital bed. I forced myself to look up.