twenty-eight (mature content)

There was a part of me wishing Liam would stop the car once again in the middle of the highway and asked me what's the matter but then another part of me was kind of grateful for his ignorant and betrayal.

It was hard enough already trying to wrap my mind around the fact that he and I slept together last night then spent the next few hours right after I wake up to an empty bed, thinking more of us. I didn't mean to get so possessive so quickly but the needs to have him all to myself was slowly fading away the minute I realized what a tough job it was to keep him satisfied.

Liam didn't look at all like the type that could ever be satisfied so having a real long term relationship with him felt in untouchable. Surely, it did feel great knowing that I was his but it would have felt a thousand time better know that he was mine too.

I didn't know for how long I had been zoning out but when I looked out my window this time around, I saw a hotel. Our hotel.

From his seat, Liam unbuckled before he forcefully heaved a big sigh.

"Gideon said you need to speak with me back at the conference." He uttered, his hand resting on the steering wheel and the other one placed onto my thigh.

I didn't move from his touch but neither did I speak to him either.

"London, what's the matter?" He urged impatiently.

I shook my head and unfastened my seat belt before stepped out of the car. I didn't care if he was coming with me or not, I just headed inside the hotel.

The hotel staffs greeted me along and then a few men approached my way. With the way they dressed and behaved around me, I needed no second thought to tell who did they work for. They followed me as I made my way toward the elevator and when I heard the noise of footsteps coming down the lobby, I let out a tired sigh.

We stood in an elevator together in total silence and once it came to stop at our floor, I was the first to step out. I rushed down the hallway with him walking about two or three steps behind me.

I stood to the side of my door, knowing that I wasn't the one holding the key. Liam was. And he then unlocked the door for the both of us before we got in.

The second we were alone, Liam attempted to start a conversation once again.

"Are we not talking now?"

Was that his way of saying I am sorry?

"Why are you mad?"

If there was one thing Liam still didn't know about women, it was probably the fact that we didn't want to be investigated while we were upset. Asking a woman the reasons why they were mad when you knew exactly why they were mad was like letting yourself fall off the cliff with no parachute.

If you get lucky and the cliff wasn't that high up above the ground, you might hold a chance to survive. But in Liam's case, he let himself fall right into the freaking ocean, not knowing how to swim and hit his head with the rock under the water.

"I am going to step in the shower and when I come out, we will need to talk." That was what he told me right before he gave up trying to get my answer and disappeared into the bathroom.

However, it wasn't that long until he reappeared. Shirtless and cleaned neck. The look on his face immediately told me he got it.